Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a petsmart to get some algae eaters and decided to take a glance at the rats and mice. Well I saw a rat thats been there for a while and I was going to take her home. That was until I saw her eye,ears,tail and feet. She was scratching her eyes until it bled and her feet tail and ears were really red or getting red patches. So I couldn't bring her home. But instead I told the lady at the front to check out their rat and she told me someone would right away while I was standing outside of the store for ten minutes noone went near the rodent display. So I tried to call coustomer service and the machine kept restarting the message and not pulling me throuh so I e-mail them and told them that since they say ALL SMALL ANIMALS ARE CHECKED OUT BY A VET.They need to find out whats wrong with this one because they are endangering the lives of other animals near by. And the rats cage was dirty and the food dish was upside down pinned under the water bottle. I am sorry for rambling or if anyone works at another petsmart I am just furious with the condition of the one near me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats stupid they should be taking care of there animals in the store that is gunna ruin customer-tel there stupid! Do you know if there gunna do anything about it?

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting to see if they reply back to me I am giving them a few days before I report them. Because I am sure that their e-mail gets packed being a franchise and all. So I don't know for right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ya thats a good Idea I can belive they told you they were gunna look at the rattie and they didnt now thats rude sevice!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
REPORT THEM!! i wouldn't even wait a few days!! and after you file your report follow through w/it and do everything!! they need to be reported on EVERY case so it's in the records as 'proof'

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
go to the media, just find a local venue and get them to bring a camera in and point it out right then and there

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am contacting the animal welfare office tomorrow and if things don not improve I will bring the news into it.

·
Title Fairy Was Here
193 Posts
Good. My Petsmart really seems fine, but some are just horrible. Sometimes big corporations like that forget why they started their business in the first place......

To raise healthy and friendly animals to provide new friends for all of us.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
We don't have one of those here,but we do have Pets Unlimited.There have been so many complaints,reports,protests and the SPCA was involved,because they are so bad and they are still open! Gahhh...it angers me,some of the stuff I have witnessed there and nothing is being done!
:mad2:

Keep us updated on your situation there!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the store today to see if the rat was still there. Well she is but she's in the back being treated! YAY!:D :tyvm:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Mousey said:
I went to the store today to see if the rat was still there. Well she is but she's in the back being treated! YAY!:D :tyvm:
Thats good then.Hopefully they are treating her properly.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll find out in time hopefully because I really do want her when she gets better. All I can do is wait and see what happens though being that I don't know what exactly was all wrong wityh her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts