Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so as you all know we adopted philly, well we seem to have a big problem weve been to 4 diffrent vets including the one that hubby orginally brought her to before letting me have her. all said she wasnt pregnant that she was probably gaining weight due to never having any real food, which for a little while that made sense,. But now im convinced shes pregnant , no not from our cat moe as moe is neutured, but from when she didnt live with us. Today she was laying on me and i realized that there was kittens in her .....you can see them move inside,:( so my question is how long before she has them if we can see them moving alot already?

· It's all for them
603 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry. She's awfully little to be giving birth, poor thing.

What on earth is wrong with those vets? And, if they didn't think she was pregnant, why didn't they suggest spaying her?

Kitten gestation is 62 days. She was a stray you took in right? Has she been inside that long yet?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she was stray yes, shes been inside about a month and a half , theres still no babies yet but shes been sleeping alot since yesturday and only seems to leave her bed to eat and drink so im guessing there coming soon ?

· Registered
27 Posts
I've been through two litters, and sounds to me, pretty soon.
Other signs of them coming soon is if she is building a bed for them. My cat took all of the dirty clothes on the floor to make a bed.
And ask around to find a new vet, if they couldn't tell she was pregnant, then they will not be much help when she gives birth and such.
And if she gets meaner, it's another sign.
If you see them moving...Well, not sure but maybe in month? It's been awhile so I am not too sure.
Good luck. Sorry to hear all the trouble you've been through.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been through two litters, and sounds to me, pretty soon.
Other signs of them coming soon is if she is building a bed for them. My cat took all of the dirty clothes on the floor to make a bed.
And ask around to find a new vet, if they couldn't tell she was pregnant, then they will not be much help when she gives birth and such.
And if she gets meaner, it's another sign.
If you see them moving...Well, not sure but maybe in month? It's been awhile so I am not too sure.
Good luck. Sorry to hear all the trouble you've been through.
she actually ended up having a c-section, the night i posted this, 800 dollars later she had 3 babies only 1 survived.shes doing well and on the 31st she gets her staples out.

· Registered
27 Posts
Oh my, poor thing. I figured it was pretty soon. I am happy to hear mama is doing good. Very sad the other two didn't make it. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.