Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I went of the the US with my parents to do some shopping, and we went to the mall. Inside the mall there's a pet shop - not a chain one (looked more like a privately owned one). I went to the back of the store because, thats where more of the animals where.I looked of the pythons that were, not for sale, because they were for educational purposes.Now I'm okay with that but the conditions of the two snake in the tank with appalling(sp) and disgusting. The two snakes (I was told they were male and female) were both shedding and had pieces of shed stuck to them, and the male was so thin, that the skin was so loose from what I could tell from looking. The people were cleaning cages and I was talking to my mom about the condition of the snake and one of the people told me he was just shedding, and I was like why is he so thin? And again the told me, he's shedding. I was like Yeah right,even someone with no experience with snakes,reptiles or any animal could tell that snake was malnourished and super super thin just form looking.I then as expected I got ignored.Both snakes looked dead, especially the male, and we thought he was dead till he moved his head a little.All they had was newspaper on the bottom on the tank and a tub of water, no hide or anything.

Most of the other animals there were pretty bad too.Most had no hides to get away into. The hermit crabs had no humidity, the coco fiber they were on was bone dry, under the display was a mesh cage, that I'm guessing they were keeping hermit crabs in, as there was a bunch of shells.The bearded dragons where on coco fiber as well, as were more of the reptiles.

The small animals were okay, I guess.But they had no wheels or toys nothing,I don't even think I saw any food bowls,mind you I think they were cleaning so . . . They didn't seem to care about anything,a little boy was by the tank that had the baby guinea pigs in it, and he kept whacking the tank with a bag, and the employs didn't give a _______, and the poor like things were scared, and no one told him to stop- he only stop when I gave him the 'look'. Why couldn't an employ take the ficken time to tell the boy what he was doing was wrong.

The fish were okay,although some with incompatible fish to be living together.And there was a couple of dead ones, and some of the bettas where in yellow water that looked like someone peed in the cups.

I just don't understand why people just can't care about anything, other than making money.And it really ticks me off that they would deny that the snake was in bad condition, and act like it didn't matter.ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG:mad2::mad2:

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nan, I didn't have any American cash. Even if I did I wouldn't buy from there.I hope someone is going to call in and report it. I would, but I'm not American and have no clue who you would have to call, plus my mom wouldn't let me call, even through she's an animal lover too. Just hoping someone will walk in see whats going on and call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts