Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the States, the ASPCA is showing the most heart-breaking ads showing homeless and abused animals. It hurts me so much, I quickly change the channel till it's over. I know what they're trying to get across, but for sensitive people like me, I just can't get those images out of my head for days and it really depresses me that I can't save them all.
How do the rest of you feel about it?:rubcry:

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
I'll check on YouTube. I might have seen a silent ad while on my flight home Jan 2 but I cannot say for sure if it was ASPCA and I could not hear music. Music makes things sad for me. I'll check them and get back. From my opinion however, the ASPCA rely on donations and the best way to get them is to sensationalize images and target the heart strings. It's a money grab. Half the money they get goes to ads...

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
I know, it is really heartbeaking... But as much as I would like to donate, I need to spend that money on my own little rescued animals! At this point, I've adopted so many animals and spent so much money on them myself, I don't feel too giulty about now donated my money to them.

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I found a lot of parodies and a Sarah Maclachlan one. . Images of these animals is rough, yes.
Yes, those are the ones. Also, Willie Nelson and Roberta Flack do one, too. The Sarah Maclachlan one is especially hard for me because as we were driving my Tommy cat to the vet to be put down, Sarah's song "I Will Remember You" was playing on the radio and I can hardly even hear her voice without crying now!

It makes me feel helpless because I don't have the money to do anything, either, and it just really gets me upset to be reminded of all that stuff going on! Thank God for the people like us who DO everything we can to help and love animals and give them a good home! Just wish everyone felt that way. The world would be a better place!

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
I hate em. They make me so upset but I can't do anything so I change the channel not to feel guilty

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
I ain't got no money either. Part of my perogative on social networking sites is finding real causes (not money grabs on outdated info [ex. Canada's seal hunt]) and figuring out where action is needed and I spread thw word. There is a group on Facebook called PawshPal and for the month of January for every new person that clicks "like" PawshPal will donate a dollar to a shelter. As they are in the USA and I am in Canada it still helps. In an hour 5 of my friends already liked the group.

The website www.theanimalrescuesite.com has things which you can click once a day which helps feed shelter animals. I haven't actually figured out how it works, I assume it has someting to do with sponsers but I try to click it everyday along with "passing the purple bowl" on facebook.

There are other ways to help locally as well, cleaning kennels at the shelter, walking dogs, playing with cats. . . Everyone loves to bake! Bakesales are the biggest hit at my school. Everyday there are bake sales in multiple buildings on campus, by donation and everyone wins! Spreading the word is a big one. Making posters and placarding. Leaving little notes in public places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.