Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet old man. He's 29 mos old. And as of today I'm starting to see signs of HED. He's not letting it slow him down in the least. We spent the day today adjusting the cage around to accommodate his new issues.

I'm thinking we neutered our problem child Black Pete just in time. He's backing off harassing Tucker all the time now so Tucker can deal with his new old man wobbles.

In the meantime, I cleaned the cage today and Tucker hauled and wobbled himself around the cage from top to bottom making sure everything was juuuuuust right. He's irrepressible.

Sing with me now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQshqLxTss

Old man Tucker was a furry old man
He washed his face, paws lending a hand
He fluffed his hair on the ratty wheel
And died of ratty kisses from head to heel
Chorus:
Get out the way for old Man Tucker
He's too cute to miss his supper
Supper's over and whiskers washed
Nothing left but a piece of squash
Old man Tucker went to town
Riding mom's shoulder (the attention hound)
Melon squeaked and Pete jumped
Threw old Tuck right on his rump

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awwww. :hugg2: Yes, HED can be difficult, but they generally figure out how to get around just fine. By that age, Stanley was basically living 24/7 in his playpen, and toward the end we made his "living" space smaller to accommodate his limited mobility. He was happy, though, so that's all that mattered to me. :heart:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, what a great ratty rendition of Old Man Tucker for your sweetie pie Tucker Man. I put the Wiggles video on that you posted, but with the sound turned down just enough so I could sing your revised lyrics over the top of the video. It was awesome.

My Tucker baby!! HED, sigh. I am sorry Story, but I know how ratties are, so Tucker is of course probably not feeling the least bit sorry for himself. They let us dramatic humans do all that, eh?

I would love to see some pics of my Tucker boy. I know he is a happy camper being with you, so as Breyer, says, if he is happy, that is all that counts. :sneakyhug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts