Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have two rats now,as ya'll know.Kahlua and Rascal.
Well I just found BOTH of them hate being outside.That truly sucks,because I like taking my rats to parks and festivals and promoting them and letting people see them and dispelling myths.

My beloved Ninja LOVED being outdoors and was a good candidate for these kinds of outings.

But well Kahlua and Rascal were never out until now and they hated.They freaked out big time and Rascal almost got away,he was so scared he booted it.Fortunatly he cornered himself and I caught him.

But no more.
It just sucks,because my babies don't like it outside...so no outings for them.Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
aw hugs! :(

perhaps you will get another special rat in the future :)

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
aww thats a bummer. my timmy hates being outside too, he hides in my armpit

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's okay.I love my two boys very,very much! It just sucks that they don't like outside.But thats okay,we can have fun times indoors.

That's too bad. I was very sorry to hear about Ninja. He was clearly a very special rat.
He was.And even tho I seem fine today...inside it's really painful.I miss him sooo much.

aw hugs! :(

perhaps you will get another special rat in the future :)
Maybe.
I am not looking much at the moment,but I do want another rat.
I just put looking on hold right now tho.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you'll just have to bring pictures for those outings of dispelling. lol Poor little guys!
Yeah.
I have tons of rat positve pamphlets,caresheets and stuff like that which I pass out.So I will just use them.

Another thing tho...there is a pet expo coming up and I was entered in the "pet parade" thing with my rats.To show people that rats are greyt! But I cannot take my two boys! Oh well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kara took Figaro for a walk outside once. LOL. We were able to follow his path back to the house. He pretty much sat on her shoulder but yeah more effective than bread crumbs that trail was. :rolleyes: Anyway I am sorry to hear that your Ratties won't come out to play with people at festivals.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
haha Loveboyrats; thats pretty funny!
well, I'm sorry to hear about your boysies Lisa, I only take my Rayray out with me, the others are either to clumsy or to hyper to come out LOL!
Good luck!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks.
Hehehe...poor Figgy!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The only time I can take mine out is in the fall or winter when I'm wearing a hoodie. They go around my neck and somewhat hide.

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
Aww that sucks Lisa all of my rats love going outside with me! I take them out to raise awareness of pet rats too. My girls prefer it more than my boys coz its all new smells and sounds etc!!!

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Yeah Caszamps! I like that; to raise awareness of pet rats; It's amazing how many people i come across that actually do like them I find!
But most dont :(

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
I saw a lady with 2 rats on her shoulder today with little harness's and leashes...they were so adorable...I am so sorry your 2 don't like the outdoors, I know how much you like taking them around

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rats are cool

I think rats are the best!! :D I love the hairless ones! Theyre so wrinkley and chubby!!! Oh sSOOO adorable!! Im sorry about your ratty Ninja, My hammy died too. Nugget.:angel:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think rats are the best!! :D I love the hairless ones! Theyre so wrinkley and chubby!!! Oh sSOOO adorable!! Im sorry about your ratty Ninja, My hammy died too. Nugget.:angel:
Thank you.
Sorry about Nugget.Cute name!
Tha hairless rats rock! I had a few and they are awesome little guys.

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
I love taking them out, I cannot wait to have time to take out Mamoru!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hehe my rats will ride on my shoulder fine. I have put them down in the grass before to let them sniff around and kept a really close eye on them. Well it turns out my rat Poppy wasnt satisfied with the grass so she decided to run over to the pavement meanwhile my other rat Daisy thought that tree in the opposite direction was pretty cool so they were both headed in different directions. Luckily I caught them both though lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts