Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 babies that will be ready very soon. im curious as to how much i should charge. i considered $300 for the white ebony and $250 for the brown velvet. im basing these prices on the fact that these particular colors are next to impossible to find here in texas. any POSITIVE input is appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
price shouldnt matter it should be all about the homes that these babies will be going to, weather they have experience, a proper cage, time, have they done there homework about chinchillas,do they have a vet , I think your prices should be fine, but finding them an amazing home should be more important then selling price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a very intricate screening process that my customers have to go through in order to take one of my babies home. if the potential new parents dont like my process, they dont get my babies! this is the first time ive had any "special" colors, hence the unsureness in the price.

·
chinchilla breeder
321 Posts
I hate to say it but those colors are not impossible to find. You should charge based on quality. I would pay way more for a top standard than I would consider for a pet quality mutation and I can go to several ranchers and get either color for 150 tops. If your chinchillas have not been shown and aren't top quality you really shouldn't be charging 300 for either. Last Brown velvet I sold for 75.oo as he was pet quality. white ebony that placed 2nd was 150.00 Neither color is really that rare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts