Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a fry thats about 2.5 weeks old in one of my tanks today that only has tiny fins, he swimms upside down and on the side of the tank. i moved him into a .25 gallon tank but i duno if he'll make it. anyone know any thing that can make him grow faster, or if he'll even live? also i have either fin rot, or a mean fish in the big tank so wish me luck finding the culprit!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
It's hard to say. Some fry just aren't meant to make it. Keep the water REALLY clean and feed him small amounts of food frequently. Making sure to remove any excess after a few minutes. A .25g is pretty small so I'm guessing there's no filter. He should have plants in with him to, to give him shelter and relax him. Other then that I don't knwo if there's anything you can do.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been doing all that, but ive heard of things you can put in the water to make them grow better. like fishy steroids i guess. ill just keep him seperate from the rest and hope for the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
re

Sorry to say this but your fish will probably die. My molly did the same thing . She died. I found out she was swimming upside down due to a spinal injury.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your response, but, not to be mean or anything, I posted this months ago, and my little fishy has since died, and I traded all my female guppies for a beautifle group of african cichlids. the whole breeding thing wasn't working out for myself or the pet store owner any more, to much of a hastle working out how he was gona pay me and everything, so i decided to call it quits.
Robin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts