When I was a small child, I got a hamster as a gift from a relative. I was holding it on the drive home, and I had it up to my head for a minute. It bit me on the top of my head where my hair is located, and I freaked out. While pulling it away from my head, I squeezed the hamster too hard and it died. I was in shock because of the pain. I was a very small child when it happened, and it haunted me then and it still does. That's why I hesitate to get a hamster. This is the only animal that I've ever harmed, and it was unintentional. Has anyone else had an experience similar to mine?