Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Ball Python, ( my first snake ever ) and have had her for about a week. She is about a foot and half long, and I christened her V. My question is why when I was holding her last, is why she started coiling very tightly around my hand, and I had to peel her off. At first she acted nervous when I picked her up, which was natural, and she eventually got comfortable. But why the squeeze all of a sudden? It's not around her feeding time.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
i think it may just be something to do, if they can squeeze life they will... they can scence you are life and warm and your hand may feel just right...

I think snakes are also known to feed when ever the oppertunity arises not simply when you think their schedule is... they never know when their next meal will be, so eat eat eat

Try looking up more info online about handling them

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
I'm not to sure why they do that, but my corn snake also squeezes my hand which makes her hard to put back in her tank.

It may be because she wants to feel secure, another reason may be warmth.
There could be a variety of reasons why.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
My ball python does the same thing, I agree with Kayla that it's probably a combination of security and warmth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts