Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sasami,this may be a good topic for you.

I was into the tropical/marine fish only store today and dude had in something I never seen before...barred mudskippers. They were so interesting and neat to watch/look at. I really like their eyes. I never seen one in real life before and they were neat.

Can you tell me more about them? Or point me to any good websites? I may want one in the future...but I hear they are sensitive,so maybe not. I would like to research them though,whether I get one in the future or no. Just to learn about something new. I knew of these guys before,but didn't realize people kept them as pets.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I looked up both species...it is the 2nd one...Periophthalmodon septemradiatus. So I guess they have the wrong name on it? Cause they only had "barred mudskipper" on the sign,but looking those up...they are a bit different.

But Periophthalmodon septemradiatus looks exactly like the kind they have. What is that species common name?

I am heading to bed now,but will do some research tomorrow. Thanks.

Did you just have one? How do you tell if they are male/female?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,I shouldn't put much faith into pet stores and usually don't...but this is usually a knowledgeable and well kept store. I know the owner,his name is Paul and I refer to the store as "Paul's Place"...but that is not the name. Haha. He knows what he is doing (most times)...but these guys are a first for his store,so maybe that is what the supplier told him they were called and he doesn't have much experience with them or something? I dunno.

I think I will pass on them for now. But am researching them anyways. They are neat little fishies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.