Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help...i have a bearded dragon that stopped eating, he ate for the first few days and 3 days ago he stopped eating, he was eating crickets, butter worms, phenix worms, wax worms and greens...I got him 10 days ago

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you been handling him much since you got him? Being in a new environment can be very stressful alone, but being handled whilst trying trying to get used to new surroundings adds to the stress.
Also what temperature is the cool end and hot end and what UVB strength are you using.
With his protein and veggie sizes are they bigger than the space between his eyes?
How often have you sprayed him for water and is there a permanent water source available for him?

Sorry for all the questions but need as much detail as possible to try give some form of solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another great thing to try and do if he's not eating is bathe him in 90 degree water that doesn't go above about halfway of his chest or lower. It really helped my bearded dragon when he wasn't eating. (p.s. if he's new I would suggest not having the water go quite to the halfway point on the chest.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.