Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I got married, I was TERRIFIED of ALL animals,insects & any other thing that wasn't human. If an animal was coming my way, I'd turn and go back where I came from or I'd walk across the road or on the side of the road. Once I was being chased by a small dog, so I ran to some random car and went up on the roof stayed there until I got help from somebody. lol. I think a lot of my fears started when I saw my cousin's dog take a chunk off of his arm many, many years ago. But I think it was his fault, when "Shadow" (the dog) was a puppy, he never got the proper care. My cousin teased him a lot and actually hit him hard whenever he misbehaved. My cousin was a drunk..and he was pretty bad when under the influence of alcohol. After that he ran away, poor thing. Hoping and praying that somebody better found him and is taking better care of him.

My in-laws have 2 shiht zu's (not sure of the spelling) and it took me about 2 weeks to warm up to them. Abby (the youngest) is the idiot, she makes everybody mad because of her stupidity. But she is till very loved & phoebe (the oldest, I think about 6-7 yrs) is sooo smart! She is the most well behaved dog I have ever seen and so playful still. Sometimes she gets on her back and kicks the air with her paws & twists herself in all kinds of ways(this is known as "Phoebe's 5 min silliness"). When we take them out for walks, Abby will follow you like she's in the military & Phoebe HAS to sniff EVERYTHING.

I still can't believe I own a puppy...one that will grow up to be as big as he'll get. We got Blitzen 2 days after Christmas (which also explains his name). I had always told my hubby that I didn't want a dog until we got a house but. He came home that day, and shouted from downstairs please don't be mad at me, I'm like OK. So I go downstairs and and into the bedroom and I see a big blue box with a pup in it, so I go running back upstairs saying to myself, this is a dream, he didn't really get a dog. They come up and I hold the pup and that was when I fell in love with him.

Love my beautiful little family! It's sometimes crazy and we have not have it all together, but together we have it all! ♥

1 - 1 of 1 Posts