Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fully agree! It's a lot of responsibility. Time, commitment, patience and of course love is a must!

·
Registered
90 Posts
thanks this is really helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have to ask evey-one this question I resuced a Alaskan Malamute female did know she was rehomed at least 3-4 times the frist was that she went to home and her instics kicked in and she killed a brid the owner decided to starve her then came back home then to a friends house then back home so now that she is at my house I think she may have had puppies not to long ago beacuse her tits are still hanging like there is milk in it anyway she was not brushed at all dirty but she seemed scared the frist day second day well I gave her food and she started to pick up her food and put in the dirt behind some weeds so she did not eat much but ate last night like in two minutes then she dose have issues with cats but I have been training her not too although it may take me at least a month or two she tries to sit but gets scared when we try and even at frist she would not want to go near my husband but this morning she warmed up to him so I need some advice she is four and I think the owners did not treat her right can someone help me so t can maybe go to a good home and get trained before I do also have two other dogs older then her but seemed to be okay but as soon as Buttercup came outside she got a little defensive (no barking, or fighting) just a small growl that the food she has is hers so can anyone help this poor girl thank-you very much. Tina

·
Registered
5 Posts
i always wanted to have a pet but because of my busy job schedule i never find time to have a pet dog with me, now i lived in aged home there's so much time for these activities. I have a Labrador dog with me he is well trained and protects me very well. After having a pet I feel like a complete life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is really a useful thread. Many of them don't know how to treat dogs with care. They are really man's best friend! They should also get the freedom and care. Buying a dog and keeping it in a kennel doesn't really make a sense.
If you really love dogs, give them the opportunity to socialize with other pets. Get them relaxed and exercised. Neither you get tired nor does he!
I use to treat my 'Rambo' in a best way I can. If ever I don't get a time, I will not be planning to keep him in the kennel instead I will look for some dog walking services.

Hope you all will do the same.. Love your pets.. Let them live!!
I have heard about " love your pet" services @ Airdrie. They have a professional team to take care for your pets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This link is awesome. I've been wanting a puppy since our German Shepard passed away about 2 years ago but my boyfriend does not want the responsibility again. This makes be rethink about getting a puppy because I question myself if I could provide the necessary attention they need? Then I think well when faced with change don't you adjust accordingly (this might not be the best way to think about being a puppy mommy).:think:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I give my pooch as much fuss as possible and he has turned into a very soppy and affectionate dog. Keeping a dog is hard work depending on the breed I guess, but they become part of your family full stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for sharing us this awesome link.
I visited the link and there's a lot of helpful information that are very important especially to someone who is planning on getting a new dog. Having a dog means a lifetime commitment. You cannot return the dog if you don't like it anymore. You should be ready once you have a dog.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Choices

Right now I know someone who is trying to choose between his girlfriend and his dog just because the girlfriend doesnt want dogs around the house. Having pets in general can make things hard sometimes.

Are you ready for the commitment of a dog? It is a lot of time and effort and the responsibilities can sometimes be overwhelming. Check these pages for help getting started and make sure you are doing the right thing. For help before you get a dog, and the lifetime commitment involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah you really have to ask yourself if you have not only the TIME but the MONEY to properly take care of a dog! Just because they're cute doesn't mean they're not hard work to take care of!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you ready for the commitment of a dog? It is a lot of time and effort and the responsibilities can sometimes be overwhelming. Check these pages for help getting started and make sure you are doing the right thing. For help before you get a dog, and the lifetime commitment involved.
good info and well written, thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would love to read the article, but the page is not available anymore. Many people doesn't understand the value of getting a dog. It is very important to enlighten them. :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts