Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So few months ago we moved to North Dakota. Rambo is 3 years old and never had a thick problem before. he gets his Hartz drops for fleas and thicks every month. Recently he cought a thick right on his chin. I gently rubbed the spot with flea and thick shampoo and after few minutes the thick came right off. i was wondering if theres any other ways to get those things out. Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what im afraid of. i need something that works and gets to "whole" bug out of there. i think i really got lucky with that shampoo where it all came out at once.
so when the head stays in, how do you get that part out?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Ewwie. I'd be careful with otc meds especially Hartz. Hartz brand medications kill a lot of animals each year. Maybe the demographic calls for people to mishandle and misuse the product but I've heard horror stories on that stuff.

Ticks can be a real problem. The vet usually has shots/liquid for their neck which kills some kinds of tick. Good luck

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
You can smear petrolium jelly or rubbing alcohol on it and normally they let go quick. If you catch it early when its still small i use tweezers and just get really close to the skin and get it out.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Aside from those flea and tick control products that can kill even the eggs, investigate if there are source around like other animals or trees where this flea and ticks live.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We do have lots of old trees in our backyard. Im completely paranoid about him getting another tick. BTW- thanks Blacksheep- it is tick. what a shame...
knock on wood, we havent had a tick problem since but i check him anyways few times a day. Thanks guys!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.