Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've been looking in to breeding bettas, and I've done A LOT of research. I got my male betta yesterday, and I've had my female betta for quite some time. They're in separate tanks right now (the male is in the spawning tank) but the tanks are pushed together so they can see each other. The male won't leave the side of the tank that he can see her from, and he keeps flaring at her at kind of moving his body like a snake, and he follows her from his side. The female doesn't really do anything, she just looks at him. She was flaring back at first, but now she doesn't...
Is my male flirting with her, or is he fighting her, I guess... xD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has he started a bubble nest yet? He may be flirting with her, or trying to kill her, it is kind of hard to tell in most cases. I feel like their vision probably isn't the best, so he may not even be able to tell that she is a female.
After he constructs a bubble nest (if he does) I would say introduce them and watch them very carefully. I know Betta can be very violent breeders so it may seem scary. How big is the spawning tank? Just incase it does turn out bad, make sure she has a place to hide (or make sure HE has a place to hide, I have had an aggressive female kill a male).
Betta can be very tricky to breed, good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts