Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Big Rabbit

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  purplebumble 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That's not a bunny!! That's a dog in a bunny costume!!!

I could only imagine how much that little fella eats!!!

#10 ·
I would LOVE to have a bunny that large. As long as he was sweet. Jewels you have a point my two tiny guys (in comparison) eat so much I could not imagine!

#11 ·
I would love a bunny that big :D. My largest rabbit was a Giant Chinchilla named Sparkie.

My Angora is pretty big but part of that is the fact she is so fluffy.

#14 ·
bertie doesnt eat loads..him n bif have 3/4 to one bowl..a dog bowl of science selective food..handfuls upon handfuls of timy hay 2nd cut..and a dog bowl of water twice a day which they share with the kittens( not by choice tho!) they have 2 fresh grens leaves in the morning and if theyre ok tummy wise..a carrot nub and a broccoli floret in afternoon..and hes also supposed to have a carby snack midday..a dry weetabix, shredded wheat, rye craker,graham cracker(digestive biscuit over here!)toasted wholemeal bread..any one. well is topped it as his tummy got funny and hes lost 2lb in 2 months so im going to give them to him again once his tummy is beter..lots of soft cecals..he found the sweets from xmas and stole a tiny piece of chocolate!!
His xmas pressie arrived yesterday..shipped in from usa..tel;ebrands doggy steps..theyre wonderful..he loves them! His breed are so heavy but have such short legs its ard to jump..in fact is damaging to their joints.so these make getting up on the settee to have a hug so much easier..and can be used beside the bed too..he used to scramble up into mine when they stayed in my room whilst after flood clear up went on..and fall off after like a ton weight!
he adores pumkin seeds and dried cranberries although our pet supplies online has stopped them as new suppliier sold them ones coated in oils and sugar. he loves dried mint..dried parsley..dried strawberry laves n stalks..pine cones..and his timy hay..he looks like a sea cow eating strands of seaweed!

heres very bad shot of him being held..hes curled up being held by daughter whos housebound with chronic severe cfs..and sheheld him for about 10-20 seconds for the pic before collapsing!

bertie and his breed enlarged soft plate..snoring whilst he sleeps..

bertie and bif..the odd couple!

#15 ·
in 2004 a giant bunny called dory saved her owners life..i rember it on tv and somewhere my daughter still has the newspaper article saved for her fuzzywigs website. On that site which i was snooping around on early hours today..i discovered pics of dory and her mum! aww and nice to see the articles about dorys life saving is up there..sadly dory passed away about 2 years ago i believe..
read about dory..

http://www.acle-giant-rabbits.co.uk/html/latest_news.htm

#16 ·
I just love Bertie. He is so cuddly looking. I have to admit I started looking on line for really big bunnies. I haven't found one as big as Bertie though.

#19 ·
Ok photoshop mania.
Code:
what bertie? no way hes real!!

Aww thank you both..yes theyre sweet alright..berties fun cos he moves a lot slower than bif..and he has to be hugged..he adores it..feels like a dog in your arms but silky! BTW grooming him isnt fun..you should see the hair pile each week! i have enough to stuff a sack with by the end of the month i swear! :))

If you have a cat or are thinking youd like a cat..make sure you have a BIG bunny..the cats or kittens respect something that big..and they dont move like a little bunny so dont become an item to play hunt!
Bif isnt playhunted..unfortunately the kittens are now 4 months old and shes smaller than them now but they still want to play with her..theyve always tried to play with her as tho she was another kitten..rough n tumble but no malice whatsoever and salem purrs whenever he gets withing 6 inches of either bun anticipating a furry hug!

kathy berties a small french lop!! his owner is trying to persuade me to have bertha..shes 16lb in weight..just picture that! And some are as bog as 24lb!! faints...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.