Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't make new posts here too often but I know a lot of you here know my bunnies so I figured I'd post.

Ziggy bunny passed away early this morning, at home and in my arms.

He had been very sick for the past couple of months but we where hoping he'd be able to pull through. He had his up days and his down during his illness, but he never stopped eating on his own (he always did love his food) and we kept him as comfortable and happy as possible.

Despite seeming to be doing fine last night, early this morning he took a turn for the worse. Before I could do much of anything for him, he had gone. It was quick and peaceful, I don't think he was in any pain.

I'm completely heartbroken. All my pets are like children to me and Ziggy was no exception. He was an amazing little guy and I'll never forget him.

Rest in peace sweet Ziggy. You'll always be in our hearts. I hope that wherever you are now, you have many more great adventures ahead of you.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss :(. It's can be so difficult to treat rabbits.

:hugg2:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
oh my goodness Michelle!! I nearly missed this thread. I hope you, Berry and Barnaby are okay through this difficult time. My thoughts go out to you. Sincerely. Rest well and Binky Free Ziggy :)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, I'm so sorry! :( I know you gave him an amazing life. Give hugs to Berry and Barnaby for Smudge and me.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
awww big hug im sorry about your little one.rest in peace over the bunnybridge until you guys meet again.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone :)

It's been really rough. I can't believe that tomorrow he will have already been gone a week.

This morning I ordered him a memorial engraved picture frame, so I can put a picture of him and a lock of his fur up on the wall, right next to the memorial picture of Zeus, my heart bunny who I lost in 2008.

We had Ziggy's ashes buried in the same location as where we buried Zeus'.

It's weird being back to having only 2 bunnies instead of a trio. I guess I'll get used to it in time. Barnaby and Berry are doing well, luckily. I'm so glad they have each other to help them both get past this.

:angel:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw, Zeus' buddy is with him now. He can show Barnaby the ropes on the Bridge. Try not to be too sad, his movement into the next form is just a natural and painless transition for him. I understand things are not the same without him- rest well knowing that he could not have been in better hands than yours.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was Ziggy who passed, not Barnaby. Barnaby is (thankfully!) still alive and well. He just turned 5 on November 26th :)

Ziggy and Zeus never actually met each other. Zeus passed in 2008 and we adopted Ziggy in 2009. But still I liked the idea of having them buried in the same area. They are brothers, even though they never actually got to meet.

Poor Barnaby has seen two of his buddies pass away now. Luckily he still has Berry though and is doing well. Actually, out of all the animals, I think Kit (our dog) was the one most upset by Ziggy's passing. Ziggy and Kit where good buddies and used to play and snuggled together almost every day.

Thanks for your kind words :)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem! Normally I probably wouldn't have even corrected you but I'm a bit sensitive right now about thinking about my other two bunnies dieing. Last night for some reason I had a dream that Berry died and I had to get up and go check on her to make sure she was really okay.

I really really hope that it's a long time before I have to deal with one of my bunners dieing again.

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
So sorry to hear of another bunny passing. The bunny playroom at the bridge is full of pawtalk bunnies. I still miss mine. "hugs"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts