Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i decided to create this thread so that anyone can add pictures of funky things they did to themselves when they where younger my main thing was piercings and Hairdye! as well as tattoos when i got a little older. im not ashamed to say iv had almost everything piercied i dont anymore, just my ears left and i have 4 tattoos my first tattoo was when i was 15 :) but my major thing was dying my hair !Iv had almost every colour and more then one colour at a time

Me with Pink and black hair when i was about 15 or 16

my very first tattoo it ment freedom to me then and still does now its on my leg

my second tattoo it means family in jap, i got it because i ran away from home when i was younger and without family what do you really have. on my shouldre

my third tattoo i got it means past and future what i was and what i will be, its on my hip

my wrist one is the most recent one its from about a year ago, it says faith in jap, i got this because i find i often lose faith in man kind, bebtween the wars, and animal cruelty going on, its to remind me to have faith that not everyones evil and not everything turns out bad.

YOUR TURN !:thumbsup:

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Great idea!! I don't have pictures but I dyed my hair what was supposed to be fuscia but turned out cotton candy pink!! :p I liked it, and the only pic is on my i.d from when I was 19 but its so hard to tell I couldn't even scan a copy.
I regret my turtle tatt on my right ankle the most. I have the Wallflowers bird on my left shoulder which I hate bc it's postitoned wrong and done my some dude I actually hate (the only human I know personally who I can say I hate) I can try to find a pic of that but since I do not have a camera currently I can only get an old one. And finally I only got my lebret pierced but it was at a confusing time in my life and I only regret it now bc I have the scar. I liked it bc I had a stabby one in and it poked my ex and I'm glad I was able to hurt him that way :p

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea!! I don't have pictures but I dyed my hair what was supposed to be fuscia but turned out cotton candy pink!! :p I liked it, and the only pic is on my i.d from when I was 19 but its so hard to tell I couldn't even scan a copy.
I regret my turtle tatt on my right ankle the most. I have the Wallflowers bird on my left shoulder which I hate bc it's postitoned wrong and done my some dude I actually hate (the only human I know personally who I can say I hate) I can try to find a pic of that but since I do not have a camera currently I can only get an old one. And finally I only got my lebret pierced but it was at a confusing time in my life and I only regret it now bc I have the scar. I liked it bc I had a stabby one in and it poked my ex and I'm glad I was able to hurt him that way :p
i had my lebret piercied and have a small scar from it from when it got ripped out -_- and yet i was dumb enough to get it redone 6 months later, i also have a scar from my eyebrow piercing but its not that bad and i have a scar from my nose ring because it got stuck on a pillow and stupid me decided it was a good idea to pull the pillow while it was attached. i learn the hard way appearntly lol

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
The most extreme thing I've done to my hair is get highlights, LOL! I have my ears pierced twice, but I can't legally get a tattoo yet, I guess you have to be 18 to get one now.
I want my ear cartalidge pierced though, and that weird little flap thing on the inside of your ear that I don't know the name of. :p And maybe a tattoo or two.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The most extreme thing I've done to my hair is get highlights, LOL! I have my ears pierced twice, but I can't legally get a tattoo yet, I guess you have to be 18 to get one now.
I want my ear cartalidge pierced though, and that weird little flap thing on the inside of your ear that I don't know the name of. :p And maybe a tattoo or two.
biggest advice i can give u for your cartalidge piercing is get it done with a lop i found mine healed much better with the lop then it did with the little stud. and the little flip thing do you mean this ? if so im telling you right now that it makes a really loud pop sound in your ear but doesnt hurt as bad as most people say its the noise that freaks you out most :thumbsup: i think tattoos have always been 18 unless u had your parent right there with you.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Aww, I like the sparkly stud better personally. Maybe the have sparkly loops... (The #1 reason I like piercings is pretty much because of the sparklyness.)
I thought you had to get it pierced with a stud though? Or is that only piercings on the squishy part of your ear?

Haha, yeah that's the flip thing I was talking about! Eww, popping doesn't sound fun but oh well. BTW, does it hurt to wear headphones once you have that pierced? I've always wondered that.

You used to be able to get tattoos w/ parent consent, but now you can't get a tattoo at all until you are 18. They just changed it I think.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww, I like the sparkly stud better personally. Maybe the have sparkly loops... (The #1 reason I like piercings is pretty much because of the sparklyness.)
I thought you had to get it pierced with a stud though? Or is that only piercings on the squishy part of your ear?

Haha, yeah that's the flip thing I was talking about! Eww, popping doesn't sound fun but oh well. BTW, does it hurt to wear headphones once you have that pierced? I've always wondered that.

You used to be able to get tattoos w/ parent consent, but now you can't get a tattoo at all until you are 18. They just changed it I think.
i dunno i think its just in the squishy spots , it use to be all over the body u could get a stud but its changed alot now also for your piericngs u can change it from a lop to a stud after it heals it just makes it easier with the lop for it to heal. i never had problems with the piercing and my head phones.

· Premium Member
4,281 Posts
I still have quite a few piercings...I think the only one I 'retired' was my tongue piercing. I currently have 8 piercings, but 6 of the 8 are ear piercings.

No tattoos yet, although I have a few planned for the future.

I dyed my hair blue once in college. Only it didn't work out so well, because after only a few days the blue dulled into a greyish color lol. I haven't dyed my hair any crazy colors since then, although I do highlight it (a normal color) once in awhile.

Jess maybe you are thinking about when piercings are done with a piercing gun? Those only work with studs, but aren't recommended. It's actually a lot more hygienic to get piercings done with sterile hypodermic needles, usually at a tattoo/piercing studio. The hoops are better while healing because they are easier to clean and allow for more swelling - but you can find really pretty hoops (they are technically called 'captive bead rings" or CBR's) too.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Oh, yup I was thinking of the piercing guns. I just got my ears pierced at a shop in the mall, and that's how they did it.
If I get my cartilage pierced for my birthday, I'll see if I can convince my mom to go to a real piercing/tattoo parlor. She is a little freaked out by those places though, LOL! :p

Wouldn't the needle hurt more though? I'm just thinking... They would have to pierce you with it, take the needle back out, and then put the earring in. Ouch! With the gun, it's so quick!

(Sorry, I've kinda hijacked this thread!)

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, yup I was thinking of the piercing guns. I just got my ears pierced at a shop in the mall, and that's how they did it.
If I get my cartilage pierced for my birthday, I'll see if I can convince my mom to go to a real piercing/tattoo parlor. She is a little freaked out by those places though, LOL! :p

Wouldn't the needle hurt more though? I'm just thinking... They would have to pierce you with it, take the needle back out, and then put the earring in. Ouch! With the gun, it's so quick!

when i was about ur age and had my cartilage piercied with the gun it was with a stud and i found it didnt heal at all and hurt a lot more then it did when i got it done with the needle and the lop.

· Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Wouldn't the needle hurt more though?
No, I don't think so. Needles, from my experience, actually hurt less. They are a lot sharper than the studs they use to pierce in guns so they go through a lot smoother. After the needle is through, they put the end of the jewelry against the end of the needle so they can pull the needle out and put the jewelry in at the same time - or at least that's what my piercer does.

Plus when you get pierced by a needle it's a new sterile needle...with the gun you don't know how many people got pierced with that gun, and because they are usually made of plastic, you can't really sterilize the piercing guns very well.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Hmm, I guess that doesn't sound too bad then. :D Thanks for the advice!

BTW, one more question, then I think I'm done LOL. Is it true that if they pierce the wrong spot on your ear cartilage and hit a nerve, your face can be paralyzed? I'm pretty sure it's false but I've heard that a lot!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, I guess that doesn't sound too bad then. :D Thanks for the advice!

BTW, one more question, then I think I'm done LOL. Is it true that if they pierce the wrong spot on your ear cartilage and hit a nerve, your face can be paralyzed? I'm pretty sure it's false but I've heard that a lot!
ok question for you did your parents tell u this ? my mom use to tell me that all the time everytime i got a new piercing or bugged for one shed say you know your very lucky nothing went wrong or shed say I have a friend whos eye went wrong or whatever i was trying to get piercied at the time her friend had it done shed say and it went wrong lol,i dont know if its true or not but my mom told me stories like that when i was younger.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
No, I forgot where I first heard it, but my sister said something about it to my mom and she tries to mess with me about it now LOL.
I think it's just one one those weird things that parents tell their kids so they don't get piercings... I hope so, anyways! I've never heard of it actually happening. *shrug*

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, I forgot where I first heard it, but my sister said something about it to my mom and she tries to mess with me about it now LOL.
I think it's just one one those weird things that parents tell their kids so they don't get piercings... I hope so, anyways! I've never heard of it actually happening. *shrug*
it probably wont happen if the person piercing u is a good piercier then no it shouldnt happen, or unless u let it sit there and get really bad infection and just keep it there and let it contineau to get it worst. then No you should be fine.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't do that LOL. I know we have a few piercing shops around here, so I should be able to find a good one. :D

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
oh, Everyone should avoid mall piercing guns at all costs. There are reports to contract all sorts of nasties bc the make of them discourage any REAL thorough cleaning and disinfection. Plus, the guns can also shatter cartilage and ruin people's ears. They make big sounds and are scary to kids. Plus, they are laid in alcohol and overtime the alcohol can actually make the gun worse once bacteria from the bowl festers and whatnot.
Mind you, I have my ears done by guns. I took out all earrings for over a year then last month I went to try again and they slid through perfectly.

· RAT ADDICT
19,823 Posts
Nice thread...but blast from the past? Haha...all the crazy things I do is NOW. I currently have 7 piercings (once had 13 but some had to come out & well there will be more in my future) and 7 crappy tattoos (which will be fixed ASAP now that I am getting a bit extra income,I am saving to have everything fixed).And as for hair dye,my hair has been every color of the rainbow and then some and currently it is bright red/orange and pink. And I am 26 yrs old. I can post pics later if anyone is interested.

I was "normal" in my younger days.

The "little flap" is called the tragus. Some people can't get it pierced and I was one of them. Mine is too small,so the piercer couldn't do mine...but I ended up getting the anti-tragus done...sadly it rejected 6 months later because the stupid ring kept getting caught in my hair and everything.

AVOID GUNS and little shops in the mall.
Trust me.

The guns cannot be cleaned/sterilized properly and touch hundreds and hundreds of people...not good! And yes,there is a good chance of a gun shattering cartlidge.

If you go for ANY piercing,even if it is just ears...seek out a REPUTABLE and clean piercer and piercing shop. There are only TWO guys in St. Johns that I trust.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Oh, so it does have a name! What is an anti-tragus?

I would probably go to the place my friend got her belly button pierced at. I forgot the name of it though, so I'll ask her so I can do some research on it. :D No more mall piercings for me I guess. The piercings I did get ended up being fine, but I was worried about the guns shattering cartilage too, so it's good that I asked about it here first!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.