Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people, I have never had to board an animal before and I might have to board my cats. Is there anything that I should know?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I would definitely ask questions like, what will the feeding schedules be, will there be access to water at all times, will there be contact with any other animals, how large of a space will the kitty be kept in, what are the policies in case of a medical emergency, are there sick animals kept in the same room, (especially since you have a cat) is there a possibility that my cat could come into contact with a feline luekemia/aids positive, what precautions do you take to make sure that the animals will not transmit illness, will there be any extra cost for medical emergencies, one on one human interaction with the cat, does this cost extra. That should get you started. I have never boarded either but these would be some of my concerns off the top of my head. Hope this was a little bit helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am hoping that it doesn't come down to bording but I want to have all my bases covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are planning to go out during holiday period, then we recommend book early, to avoid last minute hassle
Ask about vaccination policies, make sure your cat is up to date.
Consider the cost
Discuss medical concerns, tell beforehand if your pet have any medical issues
Ask about the playtime, kind of food they will provide and their plans to relax the pets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts