Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it. I am not looking to give my little glider away I just want to know how to bond with him!! I have had him for three months, and have done so much research its crazy. I have tried everything I can think of. He isn't the meanest glider I have read about but I cant seem to get him to like me. I give him treats off my fingers, give him a great home, give him an amazing diet and let him out to play every night. I have a bonding pouch but my number one problem is trying to get him in it. He nips at me until he figures out i have food on my finger then licks it off but I swear he knows when I am trying to coax him out. He will not let me touch him. I have heard not to chase him, so i havent but that is the only way i can think of getting him to get near me.. any help? treats arent working :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also when i do hold out my hand in a gesture for him to crawl on he runs away. he is from a pet store if that helps

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Have you tried a tent? Maybe put the cage inside and leave the door open so he can come out on his own (instead of you having to grab him).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have but the tent i have isn't large enough for how tall my cage is, so there i have to try to pick him up again. Im just so stuck and i dont want to run out of time for him not to bond with me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is weird but I have found that sugar gliders who have a hammock to sleep in tend to be more aggressive and protective than those who have a house. I recommend a house inside the cage that comes apart so you can lift the top off. I have 4 and they are all super friendly and crave my attention. They even play well with my dogs and monkeys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts