Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What breeds do you think Archie and Harry are? I have no idea.... I think Harry is a Nude though. He's nakey nakey all the way, no coloring and has red eyes. Archie has hair on his head and face, although I'm noticing that it is slowly going away on top.

Archie is the sweetest thing! He loves his cuddles and caresses! He's not afraid of anything.
Harry has to go go go! In my shirt, on my head, buried in my hair in my neck, down my arm, everywhere! lol However, he gets nervous on a whim. He hides and crouches, stays very still and sways his head side to side. Funny. :) I think he smells more than he sees though.
Once they hear my voice they hop out of their Kleenex box from a nap, stretch, yawn and come up to give me kisses. They know who 'mama' is ;)

Tonight they got to play with Oreo (first time for Harry). Harry just wanted to groom him and crawl on him. Oreo was fine with that. He groomed them a bit too. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i think perhaps double rex since they do have some peach fuzz on them.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Your boys sound SO sweet! I am sure they are both falling in love with you as their new "mama". I would love to see pictures of Harry and Archie hanging out with Oreo. That sounds just adorable. :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Hairless & double rex it looks. Or hairless with a bit of fuzz on his face.
They are cute! I miss my "nekkies".

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are so cute I have a peach fuzz siamese dumbo hairless named bentley :)

they are not double rex thats for sure go to this website it helped me dreameyce . com and go to the rat types tab on there hope this helps

Double rex (AKA Patchwork): Coat has patches that are hairless that change from week to week, this is caused by the rex gene bred together and makes the roots of hair thinner so they break off after a certain length. You never see the same pattern twice on a patchwork

Hairless: Hairless rats have a lack of hair. (Sometimes they have 'peach fuzz' on their bodies and nose) Care should be taken in breeding hairless does as many do not lactate. Hairless need more food/ a higher protein diet because of the higher metabolism meant to keep them warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts