Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are weird little bugs in my food. this has happened before. how do i stop it? :(

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
This happened all the time when I was using a lower quality food since I switched it never happens I also store mine in air tight containers

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i keep mine in a bag. is that bad ?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
I do that now but I wouldnt recommend it ... a food storage container would work best. I plan to switch to glass containers soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. thank you. :) do you know the food things with red lids ?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
You can freeze it too, to kill all the bugs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oooooo :) those r nice. well the ones im talking about are rubbermaid.. im gonna use that now lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
yeah I'm thinking of using plastic too if you can afford it glass is nice it looks better and more antibacterial

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
weve got some glass things like those but i dont know if i can use any. my step mom is weird about things so i might have to buy it if i wanna use that.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
What kind of food do you use? Any time you see bugs, you definitely should throw it all out--don't risk giving any of it to your pets, even if some of it looks okay. You can freeze it, as someone above mentioned, and I would also recommend putting it in an airtight food storage container as opposed to leaving it in the bag. If your storage area tends to be a bit humid, that could have something to do with the bug problem.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
That can be unnerving,huh? But it does happen. I would just throw the food away and get new stuff. I store my rat food in those bins and NEVER had a problem.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
i had air tight plastic containers once and bugs were still in my food ... try freezing it then storing it :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
i had air tight plastic containers once and bugs were still in my food ... try freezing it then storing it :)
Then they came in the food or at least eggs/larvae did. That is possible and happens a lot apparently. I never had the problem but know people who have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts