Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well I'm not sure if it was diarrhea or not but there was some pretty runny poop... is it bad or maybe it's just because I have started to introduce him to vegetables. Maybe I fed him too much and he wasn't used to it. Anyway so I cleaned his cage and put a lot of hay in it, with some pellets and water. Will this be okay?

·
Registered
114 Posts
When i first gave my bunny some carrot his poop got a little mushy, so i stopped with the carrot and gave him lots of fresh hay and water, and it went away over night. And i kept giving him a tiny bit every now and then, and now he can eat his carrot and other veggies fine. How old is your bunny? I have never had runny poop just some very mushy poops. Hope your little one is okay!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he's okay now. I just stopped giving him veggies and its fine now. I think I just gave him some way too fast. lol

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Sometimes people confuse cecals with diarrhea because normally you never see the cecals. They are eaten directly from the anus by the healthy rabbit. Occasionally, though if he's not feeling well, bunny will not eat them and they will end up sitting on them instead which smears them all along the fur. Then a worried bunny owner is frantically wondering why they have a case of "diarrhea".. I think you probably had a real case since you mentioned the veggies. :D Just some info on poops!! Bunny owners soon become obsessed with poop!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts