Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Bunny Grooming Tips

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Luckybunny 
#1 ·
So, since Sumi had her surgery she has gotten more and more dirty everyday. I guess that's what happens when you can lick yourself with a cone around your head.

But I was wondering what suggestions you could give me about gettin her clean. I know you're not suppose to bath them... But she really stinks like urine and poo.

I've wiped her paws off, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Her paws are still relatively dirty... and she still stinks.

I have family coming to visit, and I'd like her looking her best.:D

THanks

#2 ·
How long does Sumi has to keep her e-collar on? because if you can take it off then she will clean herself. Maybe you call the Vet and ask if you can take the cone off. Snoopy just got neutered like 2 weeks ago, and his sutures area pretty healed after a week, but had to wait for 2 weeks to remove the sutures. Perhaps asking the Vet is your first option, because if her surgery area still not heal, you don't want to give her bath and let the dirty water get to it. Good luck!

#3 ·
There are pet wipes which i suppose are safe,i have never used them so i dotn know about being safe for bunnies. maybe wipe her down with a damp cloth(not wet) which would clean any dirt off. and maybe ask the vet if they could either wash her for you or if your allowed to take it off for a while so she can do it herself. im pretty sure she wont pull out her sutres since it will hurt alot,she'll probably pick a little to get a feel for what they are and clean around them.good luck ; )

#4 ·
Ive given Smudge baths before LOL! :rolleyes: He wasnt exactly thrilled.
You can use a wet washcloth (thats what I usually do), or, if shes really dirty, fill a small tub with about 2 in. of warm water, and dunk her lil booty and paws in it. ;) You can by shampoo for bunnies and other small animals too LOL... We have strawberry smelling stuff! :p

#5 ·
be careful about getting her wet, if her sutures are still in. But you can use a wet wash cloth to spot clean her. Also baby wipes might work for a more frequent spot clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.