Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided since the store sells oxbow in the stores now that I would buy a bag and mix it slowly into Acacia's Martins food to adjust her to it hoping she would acclimate well. Turns out, Oxbow's pellets have turned bunny into a fiend!! I laid the bag on the floor because the top of the closet has her containers and there was no room. Look at her trying to get the food!! Upset bunny tummies would have been abound had I not straightened this up! :p

<< Guarding it from Coco

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
LOL, thats so cute! :D
I used to have a container of Smudge's Oxbow pellets on the floor too. It has a lid like this, where you pull up on the tad to open it:

A couple times after I had fed him, I noticed that I accidentally left the lid open... So I shut it, but when I came back later it was open again. Turns out that Smudge figured out that if he bites on the tab and lifts it up, he can open it by himself! I should take a video of it, it he still remembers how LOL. I still have no idea how he knew to open it like that!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!!! What a silly bunny! Acacia is archaic and would just mouse-hole into it if I left it on the floor ;) Nothing fancy about the way she operates!! :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
SO funny! Linus hasn't figured out where exactly his food comes from just yet. I keep it in a big tupperware container with the top weighed down by miscellaneous items, so as far as he knows, it just ends up in a bowl in his cage, or comes straight from my hands!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:p Soon enough he'll know! Have you tried a slimcat ball?? Stick a bit of food in there and he rolls it to get it out? Dollar stores have knock-off balls and the covers aren't as good but Acacia LOVES hers!! She ruined her pink one and now has a blue one. I tell you, she picks it up and slams it on the floor to break off the cover. She's seriously a caveman bunneh.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Oooh, I LOVE Slimcat balls! Best form of bunny entertainment ever. I got mine at Fleet Farm for $3, and Smudge hasn't destroyed it yet. Sometimes when the food isn't coming out fast enough for him he picks it up and drops it, but he's never slammed it LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts