Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been really intrested in making my own all natural cage cleaner. Well after a few years of research and a few hits a misses I have fianally found the perfect cleaner. The natural ingredients has been proven to disinfect toys and habbits and is actually safe (I researched all the ingredients I use) to pets like cats and dogs. I liked it so much I decided to start making and selling it. I had gotten this aquarium from some people when I adopted their rats. And let me tell you the cage was GROSS!!!! Anyways it was a fish tank for a few years never got cleaned then they put a hamster in there without cleaning it :( ... So I took this cage home and peroxide, alochol, and a bleach dilution, clean cage nothing would get the gunk off. I decided to just "try" my solution and to my suprise it worked! I was kinda mad cuz I wasted alot of time trying to clean it with more powerful chemicals. Anyways I am making diluted and non diluted forms. I like the non diluted better because I can decided if I want a heaavy clean or a light cleaning making my own solution/water mix. I am selling 16 oz of the non diluted solution for $8.00 since you can mix two big spoons in a ten gallon and get heavy suds. And the pre-diluted version will be 16oz for $6.00. Anyways just e-mail me or send me a pm if you are interested in this product.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
If it is for sure safe I will have to try it out! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
My dog has a specialized built crate that has it's own toilet where he would poop and pee. It's also big which can fit 3 dogs who still has lots of room to wander around. I don't need a cage cleaner because the poop and pea goes directly to a bag which is disposable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My pet dog has a crate, so when i am cleaning it, i first spray it with water to soften the residue. Then clean it by using ordinary household soap then i scrub to dislodge stubborn debris from it and rinse it carefully to remove all cleaning agent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A list of ingredients would be great if you could. As this forum has people from around the globe not everyone would be able to purchase from you.
But great to see you're trying to start up a pet safe business :) good on you

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am currently using a cleaner called healthy habitat that advertises that it can clean reptiles, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, birds, rabbits, and more. It also claims to be safe for all pets and that you can actually spray the cage with them in it if you wanted to. It is suppose to be all natural. I like that it is a natural cleaner, but with my snake tanks being glass it leaves streaks on the glass that I don't like. Other than that it cleans well and is a great product, so if you had wire cages it would work good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts