Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, and im new and this is my first post on this forum, so a big hi to everyone!! and i look forward to getting to know everybody on here :) :) :D :wave: :wave:

I would be grateful if you guys could give me your thoughts on the Savic Habitat XL Navy Blue Gerbril Cage 70x37x52 cm, it is a tank with a topper on top and whether or not you think it would be suitable for 2/3 gerbils to live in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This cage would be ideal for two to three Gerbils:) plenty of space to run around in and great for digging :)
Thanks you so much for replying :) , thats great think i will defo get them it then when i get the money. Can be a very early christmas present for them lol ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh right were they rescues then? I'm sure they'll be extra grateful to you then :)
nope, they were the last ones in the petshop and i felt sorry for them :(, as i had seen them there for weeks and just couldnt resist there wee faces looking at me lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh right that's fair enough :) I'd of been very tempted to do the same xD
have only had them for a few months and already can't imagine them not being here :),great to come in after a long day of college and see them all come out and greet me :). So what pets do you have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have only had them for a few months and already can't imagine them not being here :),great to come in after a long day of college and see them all come out and greet me :). So what pets do you have.
Aww :)
Two Degus, two cats and a budgie ^.^ I used to have Gerbils too though when I was younger :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would strongly suggest you reconsider getting any sort of cage for gerbils. Gerbils should really only live in tanks. If you must have a cage, then give them a tank with a tank topper. A 20 or 30 gallon tank would be perfect for two or three gerbils. Also, make sure to give them 6 to 8 inches at minimum of bedding for them to tunnel in. Gerbils love to tunnel and it keeps them entertained. You can give them timothy hay also to help strengthen their tunnels. They will break it down and use it themselves.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize that the "cage" indeed is a tank topper. If its for a 10 gallon tank, I would only keep two gerbils in it; it would be rather small for three.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts