Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
if its for your ratty friend it has to be wide and tall :) also google has a rat calculator to determine how many rats can fit in a certain cage, and if the cage is even good enough for one ratty :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Galvanized and wide unless its a climber then it needs both :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Galvanized keeps it from rusting

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my to 2 girls a ferret cage and they love it, it has 6 tears for climbing and rooom for lots of toys and hammock and two houses.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alli, that sounds wonderful! You should post pictures. Keep an eye on the bar spacing though, ferret cages tend to have more spacing between their bars and little ratties can squeeze out!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will post pictures if my camera works been acting funny lately, I think I have a close up of my girls and that is the cage they are in.
Funny thing is that Baby was having fun climbing the outside of the cage and wanted back in so she went through the bars, that is the only time either have done that. I freaked of course cause i thought she was gonna get stuck, but she didn't thank god or I would have had to wreck the bars. It was not a cheap cage I paid 400.00 for it and didn't want to have to spread the bars open.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had lots of photos but my computer crashed back in Nov. and I lost everything so don't have much left as I hadn't backed them up. Never again!!! will I do that!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ooooh that sucks man, I have done that before. I now back up my pictures and music once every couple of months. I have discs and discs of stuff. P.S. Your ratties are sooo cute!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know am on the look out for a good external hd. have some cds as well but they are of the kids when little. Thanks I really love my girls, if you look closely at thier pic you will notice that they have white spot on their foreheads these are the only two in the litter that had them I thought it was neat.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
oh wow ... that worries me ... After I take care of my hamster stuff I'm gonna get an external ( this is also a laptop so I dont trust it)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts