Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I picked up a petco 3 level hamster,gerbil,rat wire cage last summer for about $12.00. it's 16"x12"x20" is this cage big enough for 1 Syrian hamster.it came with wheel.2 tubes and 2 platforms.I don't have a hamster yet.not sure if I should get one because I have two dogs and no place to let the hamster run free for awhile, my apt does not have a tub,the only free romimg it could do is in a exercise ball should I even get this hamster?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
no its not they need a 20 long sized enclosure. also they need floor space not height. bin cages are also amazing. If you want to use that cage you will need three.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Yeah, Syrians are, I think, the biggest hamsters you can get. They get about hand size I believe. Though are the Teddy Bear version smaller? I had one when I was younger and I remember it being smaller.
Oh, and do not mean to thieve on your thread but I was actually going to post a similar thread...So my question is. How big a cage for Robo Hamsters? And are they required to have a cage mate?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
robo's do not NEED a cage mate if its your first robo just get one. They also need an enclosure the size of a 20 long ( 360 sq inches floor space)

Also " teddy bear" hamsters are merely long haired syrians they are the same size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts