Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these little guys :confused: my husband convinced me to let him have one it will be at our house thursday afternoon and id like to learn about them since hes gone 2 weeks a month ill be the one taking care of it most of the time :rolleyes:not that it really bugs me since i wanted a gecko :rolleyes: this just works in both our favors . anyways any info would be great thanks.:lol:here are pics of the one we are getting its a female i think thats what hubby said and it is hand tamed shes a year old.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Awww, she is so pretty!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno about them but they're awful cute!!
i thought she was cute to :giggle: hubby was like can i have a chameleon im like i dunno what that is unless its a pokemon hes like no no its a type of lizard.... im like ummmm cat it eat my cats, can it hurt my kid and will it attack me , hes like no so i said show me the picture lol

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
LOL I saw one at the "breeder" of Akina's house many years ago. It was smaller than I expected and I just love their eyes!! lol

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im glad they it wont be huge :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have u guys seen there tongues lol i just watched some youtube videos. of them eating its so awsome ^_^

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
They are VERY sensitive. they need an open air cage, not an aquarium type.
Don't handle often, they can stress easily. They need a constant drip of water to drink from and keep humidity up, but don't like being sprayed/misted.

You can actually make a pretty cool cage by putting a tree in a kiddie pool type of container and not have any walls just make sure it can't grab anything around it and it will stay in a tree.

They are short lived lizards only living a few years instead of some that live decades.

All in all they are pretty cool critters. Thats all i know off the top of my head. I can send you a great care sheet if you want.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are VERY sensitive. they need an open air cage, not an aquarium type.
Don't handle often, they can stress easily. They need a constant drip of water to drink from and keep humidity up, but don't like being sprayed/misted.

You can actually make a pretty cool cage by putting a tree in a kiddie pool type of container and not have any walls just make sure it can't grab anything around it and it will stay in a tree.

They are short lived lizards only living a few years instead of some that live decades.

All in all they are pretty cool critters. Thats all i know off the top of my head. I can send you a great care sheet if you want.
thanks for the info hubby has had one before but i havent, yes please send me the care sheet uv found :) it would be much appreciated, appearntly shes coming with a cage but i dont know how well it is if we dont like it hubby said we cna buy her a new one , i think weve decided to name her Cammy but we arent 100% sure yet :giggle:

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Haha, yeah you NEED to take a video of her eating! That would be so awesome!
Maybe her full name could be Cameron, Cammy for short? That would be so cute! Cameron the Chameleon. :D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, yeah you NEED to take a video of her eating! That would be so awesome!
Maybe her full name could be Cameron, Cammy for short? That would be so cute! Cameron the Chameleon. :D
OOH I LOVE THAT! i will definetly suggest that name to hubby :giggle:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i got a picture of the terrium today -_- that he sent hubby -_- im definetly buying a new tank tommrow afternoon or friday after my ultrasound

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
These are much more difficult to maintain than bearded dragons or most geckos.

They require much more specialized housing and a more precise control of temperature and humidity. The requirements vary somewhat with each species. Many are also rather short lived animals compared to most herps.

I'd suggest you determine which species you are getting, then google up a few care sheets from the internet. There are even some chameleon specific boards that could provide some guidance.

One place I know of is the Chameleon Information Network

Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info all I know about her is shes a female a year and a half and that shes always been on her own that she is a veil chameleon, i joined another forum as well that for chameleon owners.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This is what her current tank is appearntlyaccording to the guy. but we definetly plan to get a better one, this is the one shes appearntly lived in her whole life....im guessing shes not that big...

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Yay! I hope hubby agrees to Cameron, LOL!

You'll have to share what you find out about them. :D They are such interesting little creatures!
BTW, if they need a lot of humidity, look up Exo Terra's pressure misting spray bottle. I bought one for my hermit crabs, and it's REALLY good at keeping the humidity up and it's only $10... I'll never use a regular spray bottle again, LOL.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think i might of found a great cage :) for her not sure thou it has screen on the top and on two side of it :) its only 100 bucks what do u guys think of it

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
it looks nice. you want a lot of screen so you could even find a large bird/ rat cage that has tiny bars that your cham can't get out of and it will have good air flow, plus are normally cheaper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts