Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
e-spay is emergency spay often happens when an animal is pregnant , people bring them for an emergency spay instead of just a normal spay.

· Registered
236 Posts
So I guess the procedure is a bit different cause she is pregnant??? Is it more dangerous than a normal spay?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
im not really sure, hopefully someone can answer that for you :) e-spay i guesse the best way to explain it is like an abortion for humans

· Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
im not really sure, hopefully someone can answer that for you :) e-spay i guesse the best way to explain it is like an abortion for humans
It's an emergency spay often used for terminating unwanted pregnancies/dangerous pregnancies but its also used for say a uterine infection, and the uterus is removed through surgery.

Its a bit trickier to e-spay depending on how far into the pregnancy the animal is, because the uterus becomes filled with blood to nourish the young, so it can be a bit more dangerous than an non-pregnant spay.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
It's an emergency spay often used for terminating unwanted pregnancies/dangerous pregnancies but its also used for say a uterine infection, and the uterus is removed through surgery.

Its a bit trickier to e-spay depending on how far into the pregnancy the animal is, because the uterus becomes filled with blood to nourish the young, so it can be a bit more dangerous than an non-pregnant spay.
thanks for explaining that better :)

· Registered
236 Posts
Yea.. as always thanks for teaching me.. Im still a Noob when it comes to these little furry guys. (I also learned what a penis plug in male rat is... yum!!! heheh)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.