Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey is there any way the forum administrators can do away with that god forsaken welcome message sound byte when you first visit the forum??

it's always very loud and startles the crap out of me. i don't appreciate having my ears blasted. my ear drums are laying on the floor in the fetal position on the other side of the office.

also, i often check this site durring down times while i'm at work and i don't need it announced to the whole building that i'm visiting a non-work related web site.

edit:
its that d**n advertisement at the bottom of the screen. this last time it was trying to get me to sign up for a free iphone or something. its unreasonably loud. it really doesn't need to have audio. nobody pays attention to that stuff anyway. i'm sure has h**l not paying attention to it when i'm scrambling to turn the volume down as its blaring GET A FREE IPHONE!!!!!!!!!!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
We've already tried to contact the site owners about it. Unfortunately, PT has recently been over run with adds and the talking ones are for sure the most annoying. Can you just turn off the sound on your computer for now? They will stop if you hit the refresh button too.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
The best you can do is try contacting the forum owners via the "Contact us" link down near the bottom of the page.

Other members have recommended using Ad blockers to get rid of the advertisements.

I agree, the talking ones are especially annoying.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I actually don't see/hear any ads at all, probably thanks to AdBlock and NoScript. I'd definitely recommend both of those :).

But yeah, we've been trying to contact the site owners about it.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I'm a true believer in adblock. First one I tried and I love it :D I contacted the site admins and they emialed me back saying he was out of charge of dealing with ads and that we have to pretty much deal. I'm sure more pressure from users would help but in the meantime dl an ad block program :) They're freeeeee!!

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
Ads have become so pervasive, that there is no way you'll ever get rid of them. Also, they pay for websites that might otherwise not exist, or might have to charge users for their services.

I've gotten to the point that I just leave my speakers on mute, unless I actually find something I want to watch or listen to.

Since I almost never have them on, at first I had no idea what you all were talking about.

It's more effective than complaining to the absentee site owners here.

JMO
Bob

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
I was listening to a video on Youtube and forgot to turn down the sound, and I came on Pawtalk and got startled by a pop-up add. I usually keep my volume turned down unless I want to watch or hear something on Youtube.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
12 midnight and the stupid thing blares from my speakers sending me through the roof. Lesigh.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I, like some of the others, tend to keep my speakers turned off for that very reason. I turned them on to see what you were talking about and yes, it is EXTREMELY annoying. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is still running this site??????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts