Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have recently had surrendered to us a female pomeranian - aged approximately 8 years whose owner has been admitted into care with dementia. She has had the dog since it was about 6 months old after rescuing it from an abusive situation. In this previous home it is evident that the dog suffered an injury to the tendon in the rear leg. This damage has been degenerative and the leg is not useless and bent back behind the dog's bottom. As a consequence she cannot get is out of the way when she defecates and the foot looks red and sore. The vet has said that as well as an amputation she needs dental work and possibly two teeth pulled, and for all of this work he has quoted us approximately $1000. We are a small rescue with limited funds and we know that we will not re-coup anywhere near this for her adoption. I am not a fool and realise that putting her to sleep maybe our only option but she is a really nice dog. She has a great personality and a wonderful happy disposition. She loves people and other small dogs and the only issue I have seen so far is that she hates windscreen wipers in the car and barks at them if they are on. Please don't judge me or our group, but if you can offer a solution, a cheaper vet or another option please post to this topic or feel free to message me. The vet also tells me that she is up to date with her vaccinations and he has been recommending other work for some time, but maybe the message has not been getting through as her illness has manifested
Contact Info

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww the poor thing. have you checked in ur area to see if some vets would do payment plans ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just check to the other vet who will provide you a payment plan. Instead to that provide some message to the area where it is wounded and provide here a nutritious food to eat, by which it will get help to recover fast from the damage.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
the best thing i can think of is having a fundraiser for your rescue for the little girl, and hope you make the money for it.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Maybe you could start a chipin and try to raise the money through donations?

http://www.chipin.com/

I've seen rescues raise way over $1,000 for animals in need through that site, so it may be possible.

Does your rescue have a Facebook page? After making a Chipin you could post about her on Facebook and ask that her information be cross posted. Also try looking for other dog forums and sites where you could post about her and ask for donations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts