Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the website for CAAWS today, because I am considering doing some volunteer work for them. I saw that they are listed as one of the finalists for a large donation from Burger King. The winner of the donation is being determined by public vote. The Baton Rouge area has had a HUGE problem with strays ever since Hurricane Katrina, and CAAWS could really use this donation.

Would you be willing to take a moment and visit their website so that you can vote for them? Go to Capital Area Animal Welfare Society of Greater Baton Rouge and click on the link for the vote. When the page loads, choose Baton Rouge, and then Capital Area Animal Welfare Society.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. As you all know helping stray or abused animals is something I feel very strongly about. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I voted for you, looks like they are in the lead so far:)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I voted for you! You're still in the lead! :D

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I voted :).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

I filled out my volunteer application this afternoon. The "instructions" say to mail it in or drop it off on Saturdays at their building, so I'm going to go over and take it to them. I checkmarked that I am willing to do a weekly evening shift in the dog room (cleaning kennels, feeding, walking, playing with the dogs), help with the dog room on Saturday mornings for adoptions, and doing pet therapy (where you take your dog to a senior home/etc. Colleen would totally love that, and who could resist "Lassie"?). I would love to foster for them, but we just can't do it until we get our own land. But even if I can't foster, I can still help care for them and spend time with them.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I voted!

Volunteering with animal rescues is a wonderful and rewarding thing to do.As you guys know I do alot and totally love it.So I wish you the best of luck with that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts