Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right the other night my cat brought home a baby vole the other night his eyes were still shut and he was tiny about the size of my thumb, unfortunately he passed away a few hours ago but its hit me fairly hard even though i knew of the fact many don't make it without a mother, probably having to feed him all the time, although he seemed a bit weak and it was a struggle to feed him and at first i thought he was a mouse! he did seem to be getting better and when i put my hand in his box he'd climb straight onto my hand lovely little creature unfortunately he passed on he was clickin a lot and from what i've read on here since it sounds like its could of been a respiratory failure. :(
just thought this might be a the right place to post the couple of pictures i have of him (not sure he was a him but thats what i called him) as a sort of memorial.
When he was dying i thought he was having a seizure and the odd squeek of pain will probably haunt mr for years to come just hope in prolonging his life i made him more confortable and happier than dying in the cold, :( he did seem happy up until the end though.

Attachments

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Poor guy.

Cats have a bacteria in their mouth that is lethal to small animals and without proper and immediate medical attention it's a mirical for it to surive. Even with medical attention it's hard to say if it would survive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The worst thing about it is he'd only just opened his eyes when i got up that morning then by the end of the day he had passed on, he did seem very weak tho and underweight, i just feel terrible about it.:(

·
Registered
176 Posts
:( poor lil guy, at least you helped him/her, thats a good thing you did there :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah just wish i could have saved him and when he was dying it was awful to watch him struggling for breath he'd stop for a bit then gasp and twitchin seemed in so much pain when i picked him up he squeeked like he was in pain so i put him back in his warm bed seemed a bit more comfortable there, just buried him today couldn't do with the thought of throwing him in the bin really so buried him in the box i used as his bed.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Poor baby... don't feel like its your fault though. RIP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts