Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had to take one of the cats, who is a Birman, to the vet because he wasn't pooping or eating. As it turned out, he has a megacolon. Since he came back from the vet, he's been eating and pooping just fine...but there's one thing about him that hasn't changed - the color of his nose. His nose is REALLY light pink, paler than what it was before. And I compared his nose to the other Birmans in the house, and their noses are all bright pink.

I was scouring the 'net, and someone mentioned that they brought this same question up to their vet, and the vet said the color of their nose corresponds with their blood pressure and current state of mind. Apparently a pale pink nose means their blood pressure is low, and therefore they're calm. If their nose is bright pink, it means their blood pressure is high, and they are excited.

Any further advice or confirmation anyone could give me would be awesome, thank you. :)

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Hmm, this is truly captivating. My Illusion has a light pink nose all th time. I admit I thought a pink nose on him makes him look like a doll, but Im pretty sure this would have to be determined by a vet since my cat is always playful and always up to play or eat. Mama's nose I'm not sure because wherever I am, Coco is and wherever Coco is , Mama's not.
All I know is that cat noses are uber cute!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh that's pretty interesting, hoping nothing more serious about him. Care to share some pics of his nose?..

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
I have never heard or experienced this since I don't usually pay attention to the color of Amadeus' nose.

Maybe I'll start paying more attention to his nose color and see if it changes based on his mood.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could take a picture...but I've lost my camera. :/ I suppose I could steal someone else's camera around here.

I can take comparison pictures though. :)

Otherwise, he's drinking normally(well... the normal consumptions cats drink, which isn't much, lol), and he's eating fine, he's happy, and gives us kisses on the cheek when we hold him up to our face.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts

Illusion s nose is always pink...Mama's isnt ...;) strange. Unless we're specificall talking about the breed Birman. If so, my apologies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts