Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat has been throwing up most everything she eats for over a month now. In the last 2 months, she went from 9.5 lbs to 6.2 lbs. I have taken her to the vet 3 times already (2 separate vets to be exact- one that specializes in cats). The blood work and thyroid test came back normal. The x-ray didn't show any issues either. Everything looked good, nothing enlarged. They couldn't find anything wrong in the exams. I have had her on only baby food for days and she is now throwing it up. I have tried the prescription gastro food, and she throws it up also. Prior to throwing up, she was on the same food for years, which was Blue Buffalo Wilderness (not some cheap crappy food). She acts pretty lethargic at this point. I'm sure she doesn't actually feel well. I have no clue what else to do. Please help!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Unfortunately, a lot of people have wrote in to consumeraffairs.com about Blue Buffalo making their pets sick..=\

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html

I don't know what it is about their food, but apparently it doesn't sit well with a lot of pets. You could try boiled chicken and rice. And if she takes to that, when she's feeling better, you can try her on a different food. I'd scope out brands of food on consumeraffairs, honestly. That's what I always do when we're looking into a different brand of food(our cats' brand of food changes every few months to insure a wider range of nutrition, and to avoid food allergies). Well wishes to her!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am not a vet but this sounds very serious.
• Does she howl before throwing up, as if she is having abdominal discomfort?
• How old is she?
• Does she faint after throwing up?
• Could she have a severe food allergy; ie, is all of the food that you've fed her contained the same protein or does it contain gluten or other wheat products. (I have cats that are allergic to wheat and to chicken so I feed them Natural Balance limited ingredient Duck and Green Pea canned food.)
• Is she having regular bowel movements and urination? (Kind of wouldn't think so if she's not eating much)
• Did the bloodwork show signs of dehydration? Any protein abnormalities (I assume they did full bloodwork).

You seem to be doing everything you can do. This must be very upsetting for you. I hope she turns around soon. Fact that the blood work looks good (you'd think she would have showed signs of malnutrition and dehydration?) and that the Xray didn't show anything is hopeful but perplexing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a male persian. He recently had a fight with an outdoor cat and ended up getting scratched and his nail being torn off of his hind paw.
We rushed him urgently to vet. He gave him some shots to prevent any infection.
Two days later he started throwing up few hours after he ate. Took him to vet many times. He once gave him the drip. and loads of anti biotics. but NOTHING helps.. He is getting weaker day by day. Vet says its an infection. But i am worried because he is not recovering one bit. VERY WORRIED.. please HELP! :(

P.s he eats ME-O cat food. since he was born. also have another female persian. shes completely fine with the food. so doubt its the food.

·
Registered
188 Posts
eazazkhan1:

How long has he been on antibiotics and what kind of antiobiotics is he on?
He might be allergic to the antiobiotics that he is being given. See if the vet can change the type of antibiotic.

Also, I think you should start a new thread on this forum regarding this issue so that other cat people will see it and be able to respond to you.

I hope your cat gets better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts