Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
This link gives a good description of what is toxic levels. It's related to birds but gives more info really in relation to dogs and cats.

http://www.multiscope.com/hotspot/caffeine.htm

It would seem that only a drop here and there would cause no ill effects unless your kitty decides to really lap up a good strong amount of it in excess. I would still express caution if he seems to have that strong of a like for it though, but just a drop here and there I wouldnt be too awfully worried. Could be worse I have to hide the "bleach" around here or if any on my hands from dishes or laundry mine attempts to devour my hands. Particularly if using for floors. He'll actually try to lick the floor to get it. I have to lock him up till it drys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Here is an excellent list of what to not give a kitty and the effects if they should get into something accidentally. http://maxshouse.com/Drugs_To_Avoid_in_Cats.html
It's unlikely any of us would give these type medications but on occasion I know my mother has dropped a tylenol or aspirin and was unable to find it so the search is usually on. I have prairie dogs in addition to my kittys which all of them have free roaming in the household so I have to be extremely careful of anything that is accidentally dropped and not picked up or found immediately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Never never give a dog chocolate as it's not just the caffiene it's primarily theobromine which is much more toxic than caffiene. This is also for cats jayates1. Theobromine is the primary alkoloid in chocolate, more so then caffiene.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top