Halloween is coming and my son had one of those glowsticks that he got at the store he left out on the sink in his bathroom. I told him to throw it away, but he didn't. BIG mistake!! KEEP GLOWSTICKS AWAY FROM PETS!!!! Although they, in the end, may be non-toxic and will not kill them, they will cause them great pain and suffering if they come in contact with the liquid inside of them and we learned this the hard way Yesterday, my cat, Kirby, all of a sudden, ran through the house to the office, thrashing around, batting at his mouth, scratching at his mouth, like he had just been stung, or had gotten his collar stuck in his mouth and could not get out of it. When I ran to his aid, I found him literally foaming at the mouth, with a look of terror in his eyes. I looked at him and saw the yellow color on his coat and tried to figure out what he had gotten into, a yellow marker pen? no, then I spotted the culpret - a glowstick!!! I tried to scoop out his mouth and instantly called the vet. They just said, get him here quick. I ran him there, breaking all speed limits and even if I were to get a ticket, I wouldn't have stopped, I just would have considered it an escourt and gotten a hefty fine later. When I got to the vet, they didn't even know what to do, they just called the poison center. Flush out your pet's mouth with water. They will be o.k., but it is painful. Keep the glowsticks out of reach if you have to have them. We won't anymore. I am just sick inside for what happened. These kitties are my babies. I am so sorry we had to learn this. I want you all to know so that you don't have to learn the hard way that my little Kirby did.