Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Obsessed With Turtles
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cavy Cages are custom built cages that can be made to fit the size you need!

I had one of these when I had my guinea pigs & LOVE them!
I also know many, many people in the guinea pig world will use nothing else (some people in the rabbit world also!)

I give them a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

What do you think?

·
Seeker of Orbs
761 Posts
i give it- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 1/2

Hagrid gives it- 5 :thumbsup: 's

his is 2x4 with a 1x2 loft....

it's great, nice and roomy, kinda hard to clean, but i let hubby do that. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are great! I would never house any bigger rodent in a pet store cage again, ya know, cavycages can be built for chinchilla's, hedgehogs, rabbits, birds, and some more I cant think of right now. And also for smaller animals, hamsters, rats, etc. You can get these mesh grids from linens 'n' things and tada, just make a top for it ;)

I give it.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a 2 x 4 cage for my three pigs (going to get a larger one when I move out). I love it. I think it's relatively easy to clean and my guinea pigs LOVE to interact with my Chihuahuas, one of which jumps in the pig cage and lays down so they can nibble his ears and tail. One thing I've noticed- on the pet store bought cages I always had that calcium deposit in the bottom from their urine. On the C & C cage, I haven't had that problem at all. Gordy, Ellie, Zoey and I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I also give them a :thumbsup: I have 11 pigs and two of them are still in a store bought cage. I love the fact that you can create whatever you want with them.

I would love to make a bird cage some day for Floyd (cockatiel)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need Custom Chinchilla Cage

Hello all. I am looking for someone in Louisville, Ky to build me a custo chinchilla cage. I have couple cages 1 large and 1 "small" (actually it's a rabbit cage from petsmart) But the large one is a chin cage it 30'x20'x20. I rescued these two chins and didn't realize how long they lived and what the to have something that I feel is good enough for them. If anyone can do this type of work let me know. You can e-mail me @ jamie.poteet at insightbb.com Thanks for your time, Jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need Custom Chinchilla Cage

Hello all. I am looking for someone in Louisville, Ky to build me a custo chinchilla cage. I have couple cages 1 large and 1 "small" (actually it's a rabbit cage from petsmart) But the large one is a chin cage it 30'x20'x20. I rescued these two chins and didn't realize how long they lived and what the to have something that I feel is good enough for them. If anyone can do this type of work let me know. You can e-mail me @ jamie.poteet at insightbb.com Thanks for your time, Jamie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussions are always the main source of accurate information and to ensure a comfortable results, you can get immediate and reliable information, which will definitely help you in every area of your concern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saved some information onto my computer about how to create a second story in the guinea pig cage and how to set up an x-pen for rabbits. Both even had a supply list and where to find the supplies including specific sizes of carpet and how to create "ramps".
I'm just as obsessed with every other aspect of my life, parenting, house cleaning, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts