Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I thought Benji was a...darn it! Can't think of the breed name...hang on, I'll look it up

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does anyone remember the movie Homeward Bound? It starred a Pit Bull named Chance (Voiced by Michael J. Fox) and a golden retrevier named Shadow. I used to watch that movie so much when I was little... It was one of my "pet movies", no pun intended. :D

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oh I loved that movie! And book.

Ambrosius the Old English Sheepdog from Labyrinth

Angus the Bulldog from Mr. Magoo

Antonio, Mimi's Pug from Drew Carey Show

Astro from The Jetsons!

Balto the Siberian Husky

Barney who played Rumbo in Fluke & one of the dogs in Homeward Bound II (Loved this dog when I was little)

Hooch from Turner And Hooch. Hooch was played by Beasley, a Dogue de Bordeaux (I love this movie and looove Hooch)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Chinchilla_Girl said:
I thought Benji was a...darn it! Can't think of the breed name...hang on, I'll look it up
Well Gee, I stand corrected! Benji was indeed a mutt...a mutt that is coming out with a new movie apparently!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Plaidikins said:
Does anyone remember the movie Homeward Bound? It starred a Pit Bull named Chance (Voiced by Michael J. Fox) and a golden retrevier named Shadow. I used to watch that movie so much when I was little... It was one of my "pet movies", no pun intended. :D
Chance wasn't a Pit Bull, but rather an American Bull Dog. :)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
lylwhitetiger said:
The 2 Red Bone Coonhounds, Dan & (forgot her name). From Where the Red Fern Grows!
Old Dan and Little Ann!!! I read that book probably 200 times! Every time I do, I cry! I'm pretty sure I still have it around here somewhere!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was, Plaidikins. It's where I learned about that breed. :)

OK, what else...?

Brandy, who was the world's heaviest dog ever in 1966. (Weighing in at 259 lbs. She was a St. Bernard, btw.)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Roz said:
Chance wasn't a Pit Bull, but rather an American Bull Dog. :)
Actually, the book, The Incredible Journey portrayed Chance to be a Bull Terrier, however, the movie that was made from the book called Homeword Bound used an American Bull Terrier...so yes, Roz is correct :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Broadbridge Michael, an Irish Wolfhound who was the tallest dog ever in 1966. A good year for dogs, neh? :D Let's see... Oh, he was 39.5" at the shoulder!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
In the Incredible Journey it was a Bull Terrier, Labrador Retriever and Siamese. In Homeward Bound it was an American Bull Dog, Golden Retriever, and Himalayan. I just looked it up to double-check my memory. :)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
WWI era pitbull was named Pig...he lived at the University of Texas at Austin and he went to classes with students, attended athletic events, and participated in morning "fall outs" with military aeronautics cadets!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oh, a favorite of mine! Brutus the Great Dane from The Ugly Dachsund!

41 - 60 of 119 Posts