Registered
1,591 Posts
Very cool, Mandie :)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Roz said:
In the Incredible Journey it was a Bull Terrier, Labrador Retriever and Siamese. In Homeward Bound it was an American Bull Dog, Golden Retriever, and Himalayan. I just looked it up to double-check my memory. :)
YUP! Why they chose to use an American Bulldog and a Himalayan instead of the Bull Terrier and Siamese, I'll never understand...
(I goofed...I said American Bull Terrier instead of American Bulldog...my bad! You knew what I ment though ;) )

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Charlie from All Dogs Go To Heaven. He was a German Shepherd I think :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Chinchilla_Girl said:
YUP! Why they chose to use an American Bulldog and a Himalayan instead of the Bull Terrier and Siamese, I'll never understand...
(I goofed...I said American Bull Terrier instead of American Bulldog...my bad! You knew what I ment though ;) )
Actually I wasn't sure if you goofed or got bad info. I also wanted to make sure I didn't get bad info. lol. I love bully breeds. :)

And I have ALWAYS wondered why they changed all of the breeds. =\

Hey, what about that Bull Terrier (I think?) who played Frankenweenie or Frankenmutt. What was that old movie? It was a Bull Terrier who's killed (hit by a car???) and is brought back to life.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
lylwhitetiger said:
Brian the talking dog from The Family Guy!
I was just about to mention him! lol.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Weela, a pitbull, was named the Ken-L Ration Dog Hero in 1993 for her bravery in saving 30 people, 29 dogs, 13 horses, and a cat during heavy floods in Southern California!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
OMG, I almost forgot my fave German Shepherd EVER! Chips of Chips The War Dog. I need to go rent that now! lmao

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Another hero dog was Dixie Butler, a Georgia Pitbull who protected her family's children from a water moccasin. Dixie placed herself between the children and the snake, suffering multiple bites to her face and eyes. Dixie happily recovered and was inducted into the Georgia Animal Hall of Fame in 1999.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
lylwhitetiger said:
Don't forget Sasha, Charlie's girlfriend... I think she was a Setter. And Itchy the Bassett.
Itchy ROCKED!!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
lylwhitetiger said:
Copper & Chief the hound dogs from The Fox and the Hound.
heehee! That was the very first movie I ever saw in the theaters when I was really, really little! I even had Tod and Copper barrettes for my hair! :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought of another one! Hachiko! He's quite famous in Japan.

The story goes that in 1925 Hachiko, a japanese akita, would always accompany his master to the train station before work and wait, happily, for his master to return.

Until one day his master died before making it back to the station to meet his dog. Hachiko, less than 3 years old at the time of his master's death, waited at the station every day for over 10 years, waiting for his master to return. He died in the same spot he last saw his master.

The people in the area who passed the dog each day were so touched they put a statue of the dog up in 1934. The statue is in one of the busiest train stations in the world, Shibuya Station, in Tokyo. Many people pass the statue every day and it is a favorite meeting place of people in the area, since everyone knows exactly where it is.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Alaska's first certified hearing dog was RCA. This pitbull had been left at the Anchorage animal shelter because her owners couldn't find rental housing that allowed Pitbulls. Fortunately for her, she was among 170 dogs temperment tested for a start-up hearing-dog program. RCA scored the highest and was thus the first chosen to be certified!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I remember Hachiko!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Cody the Siberian Husky who played Nanook in The Lost Boys.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts