Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across the Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul brand of dog food on Sunday and was very pleasantly surprised!! :D

Here are the ingredients:
Chicken, turkey, chicken meal, turkey meal, whole grain brown rice, whole grain white rice, oatmeal, potatoes, cracked pearled barley, millet, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), duck, salmon, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, kelp, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, chicory root extract, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, chicory root extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Some of you are probably saying "So what?", right? Let's just say this food is awesome compared to the 'top' brands out there. The first few ingredients speak for themselves. Most pet foods have by-products in them, artificial and potentially harmful preservatives, cheap protein sources, etc. If you feed your dog, I'd absolutely consider this food!!

If I've totally confused you, feel free to ask questions too. Nutrition has become an obsession of mine with pet food and I've done some homework. :D

· Registered
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had it at PetPros here in town. You might try the "find a retailer" thing on their website!!

They make cat food too and it looks just as good. I'm VERY impressed.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
WooHoo! They sell it at my feedstore! Now I just have to call and see how much it is. I was looking at some of the online stores that sell it and adult dog food was about $16 for 18lbs and $32 for 35lbs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.