Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone! I am new!!

I have, among my other creatures, an adorable dwarf hamster named Jigglypuff. She is less than one years old, and has become my 'baby'.

A month or so after she came home, I started to hear small squeaks and chirps coming from her cage. The chirps were nothing like the chirps that fighting or injured dwarves emit; but rather a barely audible series of chirps (like a baby bird asking for mother).

When I first went to see what it was about, I noticed that she was standing up, looking through the bars by the cage door, as if asking to come out. So, I opened the door and she happily climbed out.

Ever since, each day in early afternoon, Jigglypuff chirps and wants out! How adorable is this?

I have had dwarves for 10+ years, and have never had a Who (I call then Who's because of Dr. Seuss' Who's from Whoville) who vocally called for me! It is highly adorable (you may view a video of jigglypuff chirping in her vacation igloo on my youtube channel fuzzypixie16).

I guess my questions is, has anyone ever encountered a dwarf to chirp like this? Does anyone think it is a bad thing?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry but I just have too write this first!! I love you hamsters name!!!!
Jigglypuff!!! That is a fantastic name!!!! I love it!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well she sounds like one inteligent hamster!! I dont think its anything wrong! Just a character trait!! God i love that too hahahaha!! Id love too have myn do that, i would never get bored off it!! lol

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks jeff! I pride myself on creative names.. and yes i think it is intelligence even if it's just basic conditioning..

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A very good personality trait because yesterday I had Jigglypuff on the couch, and I looked away for 2 seconds, and she was gone! I figured she fell off the couch because she was not visible on it.. I searched for about 10 minutes around my apartment, then I stopped because I heard "squeak!..... squeak!" and I was able to locate her in between the couch cushions!!

She couldn't get out on her own, so she called for me knowing I'd come! :) :) what a good doodilypuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts