Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time I shared some pictures of the little weirdy. :D

He looks so funny when you wake him up too early! Haha.

Yes, he does have a dog Snuggie. :p

Getting ready to brave the MN weather!

The coat I got him for his birthday!

Notice how he refuses to look at the camera afer he is all dressed up.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
aww hes so cute, does he really like his snow boots ? spezza hates his lol what type of dog is he ?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
omg shih tzu's are like the top dog in my city. EVERYONE has and breeds them "/

Chuey is TOO cute! You should be sharing dress-up photos of him more often! He's a VERY cute shih tzu ^.^ And he looks fantastic for his age! I love that you bought him a snuggie. That alone makes you the best ever :D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
thought he might be a shihzu just wasnt sure hehe.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe, thanks. :D And yeah, he actually does like his little sweaters and booties on walks! He can be a little funny about it when you put them on him, but once he is outside I think he realized that his feet don't freeze because of them. He walks so proudly when he is all dressed up, LOL!

The Snuggie was one of his gifts last year! :p

·
Registered
802 Posts
So adorable pup with fabulous stuffs! ;)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, I think Chuey realizes his adorableness too!

He had a dental done yesterday, so he is really grumpy today. Poor guy. We need to find something he actually likes to chew on to help keep him teeth cleaner. He is really picky!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Bully sticks? Himalayan chews? Antlers? Kitsune loves all those and they are a lot healthier than raw hide :)

You could see if he likes raw meaty bones and give him a few of those a week even if you aren't interested to switching him to a raw diet.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already got him a deer antler, and he won't touch it. :rolleyes: We are going to try cutting it up into smaller chunks though, because it is huge.

I got him a meaty-ish bone too (It wasn't fresh, but it had meaty pieces on it and other dogs love them) and he didn't like it, he won't eat Greenies, and there is no way he would even consider raw hide. I'm going to take him to the pet store this weekend and let him sniff out the bones to see if he likes any of them. The only chewy-type treat he likes is dried sweet potato wrapped in chicken.

He is a difficult little dog LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Eh Greenies and raw hide aren't all that good for them anyways. I stay away from that stuff.

You tried a raw meaty bone? I'm not sure if you mean a raw bone or those dried bones they sell for dogs sometimes. I stay away from cooked and dried bones though. By raw meaty bone I meant like, more along the lines of the types of bones that raw feeders give their dogs.

You can make dried sweet potato at home pretty easily :) I make them for Kit once in awhile, although those don't take him long to chew through at all.

Have you tried bully sticks? Most dogs love those. Kitsune is obsessed with Himalayan chews! Those are probably his favorite. There a little on the expensive side but they last Kit a long time and he likes them so much that it's worth it to me. They are made from Yak milk or something like that, so are basically just really really hard pieces of cheese.

Some dogs just aren't big chewers though. Do you brush his teeth? You could always brush his teeth to keep his teeth healthy if he doesn't chew enough to keep them clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts