Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say **** YES to garage sale finds. This baby was only 20$.
I still have to put all of their toys and hammocks etc. in, but most of that stuff is in the wash right now.
It's 5'4" high, and I did not measure how wide or deep but you get the idea. =D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice!! A rattie mansion! Aren't rummage sales the best?!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah man. We were doing a community one in our townhouse complex and my neighbor brought it outside, I asked what he wanted for it and he asked what my offer was. I said we should wait till my hubby gets home so I can ask him and my neighbor says "How about $20?" so I said "SOLD!" and brought it over. We had to move it inside halfway through the sale because people were like "You paid $20 for it? I'll give you $40. No? How about $60?" it was crazy. And the dresser we were going to convert into a rat cage we sold for $20, so essentially it was a free trade. =P It was awesome. It's meant for cats in the SPCA.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Excellent cage !! (I'm a bargain hunter too).

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Score! I'm a big fan of deals like this. I keep an eye out on Craig's List for cages all the time just in case. Love this cage. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

All hammocks, pouches, branches, beds, etc. have been washed and put in the cage. I used to feel like we had to much ratty stuff, we were constantly rotating it around the cage, now I don't think we have enough! I think payday will be time for a trip to the pet store. I want to dig out their wheel and put it in the cage too. They never had room for it before, it was only an out of cage toy and so they didn't really ever learn to use it. Hopefully you can teach an old rat new tricks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made a new thread called The Three New Girls. Check it out. We got some new family members today. And I added final pics of the Rat Mansion. It looks AWESOME all done.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I can't believe you actually got this for $20!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know! My neighbor brought it outside and I asked how much, he said make me an offer, I said I would have to talk to Liam and he said $20. I was floored.. I was thinking of offering $40 or $60. It was an awesome find, and the girls absolutely LOVE IT!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Love the Cage :) I wanted to get one like that its just cleaning the platforms all the time as they pee all over it thats why i took my platfrom out and put in small wooden ones. :) But brilliant cage love how its setup.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found that the wood levels we had in the old cage got very smelly very fast, because they absorbed all the pee. I go into the cage once in the morning and once before bed with a hot wet rag and there is virtually NO smell, I find it so much easier than having to constantly be changing bedding and stuff like that. I'm glad you like it. =D If you go look in the thread called "PIC HEAVY - The three new girls" there are finished pictures of the cage in there (it has a lot more toys LOL). Check it out. =D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol will do, thats good to know im going to be uploading some pictures of my cage :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just saw them, your cage is cute! Do your rats actually use their wheel? Mine never touch theirs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol yes they do but only tend to use it at night. I was suprised they get in there. They love it and sometimes you see them waiting to take turns or they all get in there lol :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! The bigger the better is usually the general opinion around here. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts