Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Resident Chatroom Blonde
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I spelled that right.
A couple brought one in the vet clinic wed.He was 6 weeks old,already been nuetered,claws removed and canine teeth extracted.His blood sugar was very low.Awesome looking little guy.I wanted to sneak him in my pocket and bring him home with me.LOL
I had never seen one in real life just a picture.He was very friendly.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Runt, what is a Codimunda? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it a wild animal? Or an exotic that is imported? What do they look like? Is it a type of wild cat?
awww 6 weeks old... neutered and they remove the canine teeth? Is there a reason for the tooth extractions?
Sorry for all the questions :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I love coatimundi, they are adorable animals! It's so sad that he's been treated like that (fixed at 6 weeks, declawed, teeth...), I wish you had been able to sneak him home in your pocket!
Coati pics
Coati info

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
:lol: They're gorgeous but I'd never have the patience to have one. It's like having a perpetual 3 year old who can get into ANYTHING, even open cabinet locks, trash cans, etc. :no2: Not for me, but thanks for sharing!!

·
Resident Chatroom Blonde
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fixed at 6 weeks, declawed, teeth...),
Becki this little guy was bought at an exotic pet sale.He came from a veterinarian that raises different kinds of exotics.The couple bought him that way.They paid $450.00 for him(more than I could afford.
I do agree with Jade this little guy seemed like a little spit fire.The lady said he was very active.He is also very quick.lol
The vet tech where I work was trying to get him out of the cage.She was using a small towel trying to get him.I just kinda rooted myself in and picked him up with my bare hands.
The little techie is afraid of stuff like that LMBO but not me.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I was able to read the info on them - but when I clicked the link to see the picture I was prompted for a username and password...hrrrm.

Is there a secret club I don't know about!? :lol:

I'll poke around and find a pic! they sound really interesting! :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can only guess you need a permit for owning one of these guys eh? :3

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Usually, you need a permit from the USDA for breeding, selling or trading. I'm not sure if you need one for owning one. :shrug:

·
Registered
124 Posts
hmmm, they are cute. I'm sure its illegal to own one in WI, since many exotics will be kicked off the list of owning since this whole monkeypox disease spread around...kind of makes me sad. One persons screw up makes everyone pay. Kinda like in school again, when you had to stay after class for some kid being noisy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts