Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first picture is Laci Female Momma, the 2nd picture is Lexi Female Momma and the 3rd picture is Loki our male.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I wouldn't call those blue degus, just agouti degus with more grey (variants like that are normal, you'll also see different shades of brown sometimes).

To me, these are blue degus:

Then again, there aren't really standards like with, say, chinchillas. It's hard to say what a "true" blue is. I feel that just having some grey flecking isn't enough to call a degu blue--but others may feel differently. Since you have the degus (photographs can distort colors, after all, so they may be more blue than it seems), you can probably make the best judgment :).

In the end, though, it doesn't matter too much. They have the same needs and temperaments :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those pics deffinetly look more blue then Lexi is. She has more gray to her then the others but her babies are really blue colored, that's why I was trying to figure out which one was the blue one that had the blue babies. But I narrowed it down to Lexi cause she is more gray colored where Laci and Loki are both very brown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts