Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the link which has the list so that your pets will be safe..

Menu Foods supplies store brands to Wal-Mart, Safeway, Stater Bros, Kroger, PetSmart and other retailers. The recall covers its "cuts and gravy-style" food sold between early December and March. The food comes in cans and small foil pouches. It consists of chunks of meat in gravy.

Company Recalls 60 Million Cans Of Pet Food - KNBC-TV - MSNBC.com

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hope everyone got a chance to look at this !!!!

I hope all your pets are ok! :)

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah neither do i ....i hope no one here has any trouble. That would be sad.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats pretty bad too! Im sure they wish this wasnt happening for many reasons mainly cuz the animals could be sickened or die.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
eeek! :shock: this is scary...glad i don't have to worry bout it....hope everyone on here doesn't have any probs!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm still trying to sort this out, and I'm frustrated. My cats used to get Nutro Natural Choice Pouches only as a treat. However, because the vet said Sprout's urine was too concentrated she needed to get more water, and to give her way more pouch food and to mix water into it.

So, they've been getting the Nutro Natural Weight Management with water mixed in.

The dates are about impossible to read, but the some of my UPC symbols match. I'm very worried, but not in a panic - yet. Sprout diagnosed with abnormal kidneys when she was about 8 months old; so something causing kidney failure - this is the last thing I want for either kitty.

They will get no more cat food, and I'll be in contact with my vet to see if they need checkups or anything.

Please keep my girls in your thoughts.

Edited to add: from what I can decipher from the remaining packages I have on hand, the dates from the pouches I was giving the girls don't seem to match - they have a September 08 date. I bought 24 of the December 08 pouches though, OMG, but luckily I hadn't started using them yet. I hope nothing turns up for the Sept. 08 packages. I'm not using any of it anymore for a while though. I can't believe how hard some of these dates are to read though - bad, bad packaging.

·
Fluffy Chimphead
1,037 Posts
we don't give our lil monsters any wet food or anything since they upset tiggers stomach and she gets sick right after eatting them. Then she tried to go back and eat more. We decided not o risk it and we are sticking to hard food which doesn't affect her stomach. We only gave the wet or pouch food as treats anyways but what kind of treat is it if it makes one get sick. so since we don't give they lil ones the wet food we are safe from this recall thankfully

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Denise your pets are ok arent they? :scared:
When was the last time u gave them some Nutro as a treat?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
luvnature said:
Denise your pets are ok arent they? :scared:
When was the last time u gave them some Nutro as a treat?

YES - please keep everyone updated. I'm so worried about everyone out there, on this forum and otherwise. We try to do well by our pets and something bad like this comes along every now and then. It's very scary!

·
Registered
349 Posts
millie121 said:
Edited to add: from what I can decipher from the remaining packages I have on hand, the dates from the pouches I was giving the girls don't seem to match - they have a September 08 date. I bought 24 of the December 08 pouches though, OMG, but luckily I hadn't started using them yet. I hope nothing turns up for the Sept. 08 packages. I'm not using any of it anymore for a while though. I can't believe how hard some of these dates are to read though - bad, bad packaging.
If I were you I would see if you can send those packages in and get a refund, or an exchange.

formula86 said:
I feed Nutro wet to the dogs and to Layla (family cat). Let me go check. It's only the "cuts and gravy" ones?
It seems that way.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im glad your dogs are not in any danger...hope Layla will be ok too.
Did you go return them?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
formula86 said:
I will today. I hope they'll give me at least store credit, because I don't have my receipt. :confused:
That's what they did for me...I'm horrible with receipts. It's such a massive recall, I don't think you'll have any trouble. Glad your crew is doing well!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts